Chapter 25: Huang Renjun

Start from the beginning

"I love you too Nana," Renjun leaned over to place a small kiss on Jaemin's cheek, "now let's hope Jeno loves these rings."

The two smiled at each other, praying for the next day to arrive soon.

___________________________________

Jaemin and Renjun were heading to their 7 am art class when they first heard.

"Did you guys see Lee Jeno? Damn, who let him look that good."

Renjun shook this off at first and realized he probably could have just misheard until he heard the remarks again.

"I would totally ask Jeno out if he didn't already have a boyfriend."

Now this made Renjun pause.

Jeno had made them agree not to tell anyone yet about their relationship because he was shy and wanted to get used to their relationship first without worrying about what anyone thinks. He had assured them that it didn't mean that he was ashamed or anything but that he was just shy and didn't want any outside influence on his thoughts.

Then why were people talking about Jeno's boyfriend?

He looked up into Jaemin's equally confused face and he saw Jaemin turn to find someone to ask.

"Hey," Jaemin said to a couple of giggling girls that were passing by, "What's all this talk about Lee Jeno?" The group paused and they all started smiling, some of the girls fanning themselves.

"He's got a completely new look, he dyed his hair like bleached white and he came into school wearing fucking leather pants." One of the girls gushed and Jaemin and Renjun froze. Jeno wearing leather pants? No. Fucking. Way.

"What's this about a boyfriend?" Renjun asked with anxiety and worry settling in his gut. He didn't want an answer and he prayed that it was just a mistake.

At this, the girls turned kind of serious and started talking with a quieter volume. "That's kind of the thing that everyone's talking about. He was seen kissing Lee Donghyuck earlier but we thought Donghyuck was dating Mark which is totally shocking.

Renjun froze. He felt like throwing up. His boyfriend was kissing his friend. His friend was cheating on his other friend, with their boyfriend. It had to be a misunderstanding. There is no way Jeno could be dating much less kissing Donghyuck.

"That has to be a misunderstanding right?" Renjun heard Jaemin ask, and Renjun could hear the panic and hurt in his voice.

"That's what everyone's thinking right?" another one of the girls interjected, "but a bunch of students overheard Park Jisung talking pretty loudly and panicked to his best friend Zhong Chenle so there's no way it could be a lie. Plus, the people who overheard said Jisung could not have been acting, he was like crying and shaking and everything and even Chenle seemed to panic."

Renjun felt like he couldn't breathe. He distantly felt Jaemin grab his arm and drag him outside. He drew himself together when Jaemin led him through a breathing exercise and placed himself in Renjun's vision so he couldn't see anything else.

"Junnie, listen to me," Jaemin said and Renjun nodded showing that he was listening, "Listen, they could have gotten the name wrong. Or they could be playing a prank right? Donghyuck wouldn't do that to Mark, hell Jeno wouldn't do that to Mark, Okay?" Renjun nodded.

Yeah, Jeno would never do that to his friend and last I saw Donghyuck was madly in love with Mark.

Renjun shook it off, standing up and quickly had Jaemin's arms around him. Renjun let Jaemin hug him for a minute or two before moving away.

"We can just talk to Jeno later when we give him the rings, we should probably get to class." Renjun smiled at Jaemin reassuringly and the two entered the building, holding hands and making their way to their art room.

What they didn't expect to see when they rounded the corner to the hallway that held their art room was Donghyuck pressing Jeno against the wall and kissing him passionately.

What they didn't expect to see was Jeno grabbing Donghyuck by the waist and pulling him closer, placing a hand behind the shorter boy's head to kiss him more passionately.

"Oh my gosh," Renjun whispered as he stood in shock. Jaemin's hand dropped from his own and Renjun barely saw him place it over his mouth in shock.

They could only watch as Donghyuck pulled away, smiling brightly at Jeno as he pulled away and started to drag Jeno down the hallway, towards Jaemin and Renjun.

"Let's go Jen," Donghyuck's bubbly voice rang through the hallway and seemed to force it's way through the shocked boy's as their eyes were glued onto Jeno.

Jeno looked absolutely stunning. He did, in fact, have white hair but with black roots. Renjun took in Jeno's outfit. Slick black shoes paired with tight leather pants, a loose white t-shirt tucked loosely into his pants. He was wearing a huge jean jacket over the outfit, one that Renjun had certainly never seen before.

 He was wearing a huge jean jacket over the outfit, one that Renjun had certainly never seen before

(Felt like you guys could use a picture because 🥵)

"Alright Hyuckie, I'm coming." Jeno's sweet laugh and eye smile followed his words and Renjun felt his heartache just a little more.

They brushed past Jaemin and Renjun, not even sparing them a glance as they went on, laughing and smiling at each other.

"Jaemin, I-I," Renjun tried to say but he couldn't. He didn't know what just happened. What just happened?

"Junnie, I don't really want to go to class anymore." Came Jaemin's response and Renjun looked up at Jaemin's face, tears falling quickly out of Jaemin's eyes. Renjun quickly took Jaemin's hand and started to lead him back to Renjun's dorm. He decided to talk the route that didn't go through the school building.

As soon as they reached Renjun's dorm and the door closed behind them Renjun collapsed on the ground, sobs rushing out of his mouth and tears hitting the floor faster than he could wipe them away.

He felt Jaemin's arms envelope around him and he grabbed a fistful of Jaemin's shirt, sobbing harder. He was pulled onto Jaemin's lap and they sat on the floor, crying together.

They didn't hear the door open down the hallway and a confused voice.

"Renjun? Jaemin?"

_____________________________

I'M SORRY

It had to be done

I mean I hope you're enjoying the story?

I-I l-love you all

:)