Who Would?

"The Pearly Gates were not what I expected. After death, I stood in a crowd, thousands strong. I saw a golden fence ahead, hundreds of feet away. It felt more like an amusment park line then Heaven. As the crowd surged forward, I made out many smaller gates, opening and closing. For every gate I saw open, I saw sever flashes of flame from the front of the crowd. What I saw near the gates terrified me. Each person stepped into a circle of runes, the other occupant wearing a robe. When each person stepped in, the figure exposed their face. Every time, the face was different.  We couldn't hear the converstion outside the circle, but they seemed passionate. Soon, the person would either pass the circle and enter the gates, or disappear in flames. I was next. I watched the person ahead of me argue with a sad woman in the robe. A man in the golden armor stepped up. "Ready?" "Thats....God?" I asked. "Taking different forms?" The...angel?....shock his head. "No, God is fogiving. He'd let everyone in. Who you see in the circle, that's the person you hurt the worst in your life. If they're dead, they pass back to listen. If they're alive, it comes as an easily forgotten dream. They are the one that judges you. They decide: Peace or Damnation."  I watched as the person ahead of me burst into flames. The woman covered herself. I swallowed, and walked forward. As I entered the circle, the robed figure reached up. I wondered who would pass judgement on me. And dear reader, I wonder, who would pass judgement on you?"

~Unknown