𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

Start from the beginning

Her eyes fluttered open to see a pair of ears in front of her. She blinked before tracing her eyes to his face, the light brown soft hair and the grey eyes that brought attention to her. Mira silenced for a moment, almost dropping the boxes that she thought was held tightly from her grasp. The ears, has she ever seen ears as soft as those before?

"Hm? Where are you even looking at?" He asked, his verbal tic evident as he spoke. Her mind automatically stored his voice somewhere in her memory as she perked on her toes.

"Hey," she began, curiosity was written on her face. "Can I touch your ears?"

What was she talking about?

Ears?

It wasn't the first time that someone had asked him to touch his ears, the first time being a few years back when he was selling food that he made with his grandmother. He wondered whether there were such people who had a thing for ears, two times being asked for permission somewhat labelled him unlucky. He didn't know how to react, especially to someone he had met for the first time despite being confident that he knew lots of people in his grade. Perhaps the dark green-haired guy was a first-year? He was sure he was barely familiar with first-years at least.

He smirked. "If you give me 1000 madol, perhaps I'll let?"

"Really!?" She asked enthusiastically, dropping the boxes down with little care before rummaging through her pockets to find a random 1000 madol.

Woah woah, is he serious? He's actually going to pay me for something like this?

"Here!" She slapped the note on his palm before leaning in, her arms reaching out to softly brush her hands on his ears. It tickled, to his surprise, as her slightly cold fingers stroked the fluffy sensation. "Wow, it's super soft! I'm really lucky to feel something as soft as this!"

"You do know all the members in Savanaclaw have ears, right? It's not as rare as you think," he said as she declined back to her position. She noted to herself that being 161 cm caused her some problems with the average height for a male, yet she was the latter — so why care?

"I mean, their ears aren't as soft," she explained while folding her arms, acting all factual as if she were an animal-ear enthusiast. "Well then, do you mind helping me bring these boxes to the second mathematics classroom? Trein-sensei is gonna kill me if I don't go back soon."

"If you pay me—"

"Dude, 1000 madol was all I had in my pocket, and it was worth its price," she quickly interrupted before placing a box on his arms, then grabbing the latter and pushing it to fit nicely between her arms. "Then, let's go!"

"Ugh, you should be lucky I'm on my way there," he groaned as she followed him from the side. They both ran, realising that lessons had probably started much earlier, the boxes clanking with items inside. Mira thanked her legs for being able to catch up with his athletic abilities, but she was still quite amazed by his physical ability to be able to run at such a speed with the box secured.

She lifted an eyebrow in answer while huffing in tiredness, "Well I didn't know that, and you're pretty late as well—! So what held you from going to class at the right time?"

"Had to wake an upperclassman up," he replied as he scanned the signs of each classroom they passed. Mira reminded herself that her classroom wasn't on the same floor as the rest of the second-year's classrooms, especially because she requested it solely for her own purpose. For her first year, she had studied from the spare classroom in the third-year hallway to after-school alchemy classes when even the science club didn't use it.

Mira smirked through her breaths, "Wow, how reliable. Damnit, Trein-sensei is gonna slaughter my poor ass once I get back!"

"Autocorrect: please change poor to rich."