𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟚

Start from the beginning

She sighed and asked mentally why she was suddenly surrounded by idiots. It was the first time that she had someone to eat with, to her realisation, and somehow she felt like the ambience of having an enjoyable lunchtime had caused her to release a little smile. Perhaps eating with a group wasn't as bad as she thought and she had ought to treasure it more. Of course, it wasn't as if she minded being alone, but it seemed that time had passed a lot quicker than it usually had. As much as she had studied things about emotions coming into play when speaking in regards to focusing on time perception. Taking in account the oddball effect, the mere thought of perceiving time in terms of happiness was a lot different to what she usual was — taking time from second by second no matter how long it ticked by.

There it was. A new sentiment that would keep her emotionally occupied for a while.

"Now that the bell is going to go, I guess I can say 'hope you guys have fun cleaning as janitors'?" Mira proposed as she placed the bowl on the counter to get it washed. Yuu followed suit and placed her plate and tray in the assigned position, groaning in lassitude while Grim cursed at her. She took into record of the time when they were going to start cleaning and assumed when she was going to escape Alchemy classes with Crewel.

Perhaps she could expect something fun to happen just for a little bit.

"Excuse me? Trein-sensei?" She called from behind the classroom door. Not hearing a response, she wondered whether her history teacher was late or not. He was never late, not when he taught her at least, so her suspicions grew when she knocked for the fifth time. "Is he still in the faculty room? Is he taking a big dump? Where is he?"

"Delacroix."

"Oh yo, wassup Sir— I mean, I didn't say anything! What's poppin'!?"

"Again with the confusing jargon," he said blankly with no expectation of her use of lexis and reverence. Mira forced an ingenuous grin from her wicked words, the arbitrary terms that she used when she was once nonchalant as a youth. Repeating high school again already made her disturbed, yet she was glad that she was able to be placed in an academy of magic, out of all things. History and theory-based subjects made her sleepy, yet it was nothing worse than learning the history from when she was in Japan. "Before we start our lesson, I need you to deliver these two boxes that have been taking the space on the front desk to the second mathematics classroom. I'll be waiting here."

Huh? You're gonna make me carry both of these? Screw you, bro, how dare you hurt my feelings— oh wait, remind me what feelings are again?

"Sure thing?" She answered, yet it sounded more like a question if anything. She stretched her arms before hearing the cracking sensation of her bones, then carefully kneeling down to pick up the two boxes stacked as one. Lifting it up was no problem, especially not the weight, but seeing was the problem. Did that damn Mozus Trein not feel any guilt in letting a student carry two boxes that covered their field of vision!?

I wish I could use magic, but I can't use it unless it's for the right subject. Heck, I'm not even starting any lessons yet. Let's just get this over with.

Walking down the hallway of the second-year floor was harder than she had imagined. If it weren't for the period to start already, she would have suffered from the trampling of people making their way to the classrooms begging for their teacher to not be there before them. Yet, she found herself walking weirdly — anything but walking straight, and she swore that she might have made a U-turn by accident.

"Woah there! You almost hit me with these boxes!"

A voice.

She jerked her head to the side of the boxes, eyes closed in exhaustion from carrying. "Haha, sorry. With these, I can't really see where I'm going. Are you alri—"