Chapter One

Partners in crime.©

===================================================================

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!...SLAM!"  

I wacked the snooze button on my cheap alarm clock, rubbed my eyes and sat up. I blinked a few times, trying to focus on the bright red, glowing digits on the clock screen. 3:45am. "Fifteen minutes to get ready" i muttered to myself. "This should be interesting..." 

I flicked on the side light on my side table and flung my legs over the side of my bed, hopping off. Rubbing my eyes, I stumbled across the plush carpet and made my way to my large oak wardrobe. It was covered in facetious doodles and comments, scratched on by the many rowdy mates of mine who thought violating my furniture would be funny while i was out cold after several rounds of tequila shots. 

I opened up the wardrobe door to reveal what looked like a morgue for clothes. I looked at the depressing pile of tattered material that was supposedly 'clothing' and let out a deep sigh as i picked up a long-sleeved tee, coal-black to help blend in with the darkness and a pair of also black leggings flexible, yet comfortable. Splendid. 

I quickly undressed out of my pyjamas and slipped on the leggings and tee and a pair of black shabby socks I found lying on the floor.

I crept over to my mirror and tied back my long, black sleek hair into an easy messy bun, then looked at my reflection. I had quite pale skin, which would give me a ghostly complexion if my eyes were not the bright emerald colour they were. Other than the light scattering of freckles across my nose, my skin was flawless. No scars or imperfections, i guess many girls would kill to have my skin. I sighed once again. I was so undeserving of my beauty. Excuse me for the lack of modestly but i very well knew that i was no Shrek. 

I then tore myself away from my thoughts and grabbed my phone off my desk to check the time. With still five minutes to spare, i decided to add a glide of eyeliner over the tops of my eyes to waste time, while defining my eyes, bonus. I smiled as i tiptoed over to my window and unlocked it, allowing a cold breeze to roll in, surrounding my body. I shuddered and slipped on a pair of old plimsolls - black, of course - then vaulted over the edge, swiftly landing on my feet.