Chapter 8: Aftermath

Start from the beginning

Izuku and her brainstormed about mechanics, with Iida chirping in a few times. Asui and Todoroki just sat there until a new topic was brought up. Izuku and his friends had chatted all throughout the night. The conversation didn't end until shortly after Todoroki spoke.

"Seriously Midoryia, there has to be a limit to what Alchemy can do. There can't be limitless discoveries." said the boy with bi-colored hair.

"Well, despite that, any alchemist will always be... searching." Izuku said, quieting that last part as he had a realization.

Ochaco noticed Izuku's sudden change in mood. "Deku? What's wrong?" she asked.

Izuku stood up. "THAT'S IT!" Izuku said, triumphantly. "Look at the title of this book." he said, grabbing the book from his desk. "Basics of Alchemy, by Edward Elric. I've only ever been looking at basic transmutations, and expanding on that. But what if I had a more extensive knowledge?" Izuku said, flipping through the pages of the book.

"What are you getting at? Ribbit." asked Tsuyu.

"If I had access to books with more advanced transmutations and theories, then I might find a lead on getting my body back." Izuku replied.

Iida started chopping the air. "But how? To my knowledge, there isn't another book on Alchemy out there, it's an ancient forgotten science, like you said."

Izuku smiled. "That's right. But now, there is!" Izuku said. "Think about it, Tyrian came to the future to rule. But, he was also an alchemist, meaning he was always looking for discoveries. And since he could still do some very powerful alchemy without the Philosopher's Stone, that means he must've had a pretty extensive amount of knowledge at his disposal. So, he must've brought his collection of Alchemy books and other knowledge here to the future! Which means, if I can find out where he was operating from, then I'll be able to track down his collection, and use it to find a way to get my body back!" Izuku said happily.

Ochaco grabbed his arm. "What do you mean, you will be able to?" she said.

Izuku raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?"

Ochaco looked at him in the eyes. "Don't you mean we'll be able to?" she said, a glint of determination in her eyes. Everyone stood up and reciprocated her enthusiasm.

Izuku looked around to everyone. "You guys, are you sure?" Izuku asked, unsure of whether or not he should put his friends in danger. They all nodded, just as determined as Izuku to help get his body back. "Then I guess it's settled. We'll all go once we have a location."

***

***

After everyone else left, Izuku was left with only Ochaco. "Aren't you leaving?" asked Midoryia.

Ochaco looked at her feet. "Well, I thought you and I agreed on a... dance tonight?" she said nervously.

Izuku's eyes widened. With all the commotion of USJ, Tyrian, the Philosopher's Stone, he had nearly forgotten. He instantly grew a massive blush. "U-um yeah! Right! Um, just give me a moment." he said, as he turned on a song on the speaker.