Chapter Three- Thief

“Alice, anong kakainin mo?”

Ryssa and I are were in line in the canteen to buy our lunch since the CI’s only gave us 45 minutes to eat lunch.

I looked over my choices and saw that they had one hotdog remaining. Hot dogs were my current obsession so I decided that that was going to be my ulam for lunch.

“Hot dog nalang sakin Ryssa.”

“Ano nanaman yan, hindi na to almusal Alice, you have to eat something of proper substance!” She said with a frustrated look on her face.

Just when she said that, a voice in front of me said, “Ate, yung hot dog nalang po sakin tapos tubig.”

I turned around and was preparing to yell at the person who bought my ulam but when I looked at the person, it was the guy from earlier- the one with the eyes as brown as my own.

“HEY! Akin yan!!” I said with puppy dog eyes. TT_TT I already made up my mind on what I was going to eat and now I had to find something else to eat.

“Wala naman pangalan mo diba? Atsaka nauna pa ako sainyo.” He said swiftly and walked away with the hot dog on his plate.

“PAANO NA YAAAN ):” I semi-wailed while Ryssa was laughing at me.

“Okay lang yan, pumili ka nalang ng ibang ulam. We only have 45 minutes to eat diba?” She said while chuckling.

30 minutes later

“So ano? Nabusog ka ba sa kinain mo?” Ryssa asked me as we walked back to the gym.

“Of course. But I still want that hot dog.” -______-

“Ayan ka nanaman, tara na nga.” She said as she pulled me to our seat.

“Excuse me miss, may nakaupo na ba dito sa tabi nyo?”

“Huh? Uh, wala ata….” My eyes widened at first and then narrowed in anger at the person asking if there was someone seated next to us.

It was the hot dog thief.