Chapter One | Taking A Break

...
It's been a few hours since Caitlin has done the Tilted mission.
Caitlin has been peacefully sleeping, dreaming of running through large fields and heaps of flowers all around her.

Then she felt tapping.
"Hey.
   Heyy.
     Heyyy! " A male voice was heard, from one tap to multiple before switching to two fingers tapping, Caitlin drew the line when it came to boops.

"Hawk, if I wake up and see your shit-eating grin, I will explode."
She opened her eyes to see Hawk staring at her, tongue slightly out while he grinned.

Outside the house, you could hear screeching, shattering noises, and loud cursing.
A loud zap from a rift later, Caitlin was back on the couch, laying down with a tuff of hair in her hand, which she promptly discarded after finally noticing it.

Bored out of her mind, she took out her phone from its charger only to realize it hadn't been charging for the entire time she was asleep.
Screaming went on for a minute before a loud voice came from upstairs, telling Caitlin to, and I quote, "SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I JAM [redacted, add whatever you want here] DOWN YOUR THROAT!"
This frightened the poor, speedy girl enough to get her running out of the house for another lookout for crime.

And like usual, there were plenty of robberies, shady operations, and other criminal stuff to keep her busy for the rest of the evening.

-----------------------------------
Switching to another person...
-----------------------------------

A rift appeared a few minutes after Caitlin left, Carbide and Zoey were talking to each other as they stepped off the pad that allowed them to teleport directly back home.

"You sure that Drift's energy could be used to make a stronger suit?" Carbide asked with some doubt in his voice.
"Of course! Rook and I have run multiple experiments... most of them failing, sure, but we're sure we got it down already!" Zoey responded with reassurance, yet the "failing" still concerned Carbide.
"You sure that you can trust Rook, you know what she's done in the past."
"That was to protect Drift, and Ice King and that burger girl were also a part of the scheme, but you don't see us not trusting them!"
"Ice King became our ally long ago, and do you think that the burger girl can do any damage? She basically wears PJs wherever she goes!"
"If she could knock Cuddle out, she could hurt anyone of us."

Carbide didn't respond. He went downstairs to see what other missions he could lend a hand to. Zoey, on the other hand, slowly tip-toed upstairs and rounded the corner into a room.

"Heeeeeey, you awakeeeee?" Zoey said softly, making sure not to wake up whoever was in there.

"Of course I am, sweetie, you can come inside!" Another voice came through and responded, calm and collected.

Zoey ran inside the room and jumped on the bed, rolling over to her girl.
"Hi Valor!" Zoey cheerfully said, hugging the woman.

"Hey there, cutie-pie, how was the mission?"
"

As good as you can say it was."
"Guessing that Carbide came with, I'm going to guess that it went smoothly?"
"Not even close!"

The two giggled as they spent the rest of the day talking to each other.