Chapter 1

The Reader's Perspective

The excited screams of children, the band playing their songs, Foxy saying his tale of how he lost his hand all come rushing to my ears.

I decided to work both shifts so I could have enough to take care of my brother and me. I didn't move away because I wanted to make sure my brother was alright. The reason for that being is because of our father. Ever since our mother died, he became abusive and drunk. He even started jump scaring Michael.

And while others thought it was 'bonding' for the two, it wasn't. Michael has been scared of animatronics ever since mom died. It was terrifying for both of us and we swore never to talk about it. But that's the hard part.

Everyone often asked, "How'd your mom die?" "Why is he scared of the robots?" "What happened a month ago?" "Why doesn't your father care about Michael?"

These were questions that were hard to not answer but we both promised not to talk about it so we didn't answer them. 

But what truly scared me when Dad left and I was doing my night shift was that Michael had nightmares about four animatronics after him, well, five if you count the cupcake he told me about. He said Bonnie, Foxy, Chica, and Freddy were after him, trying to kill him while he slept. Every night after he fell asleep, it was the same.

"I have to look at my bed to get rid of these small, weird-looking Freddies. From there, I have to close the doors if I hear breathing." he tells me, "I have to do all of this until the clock rings at 6 AM and I can wake up from the nightmare."

He'd often panic, worried he'd never wake up at some point."What if the nightmare never ends? And what if I die in my nightmare and will never wake up?"

I'd hug him, holding him real close. "That's not going to happen. Don't give up, fight until it's over." I'd whisper to him, rubbing his back gently.

I hated it when I knew I couldn't really help him unless I didn't apply for the extra nightshifts at work -- as in Saturdays and Sundays.

"What if I want to give up? What if I want all of this to end?" he asks quietly. I felt sharp stings around my eyes, getting ready for the waterworks to kick in.

"That's what they want, Mic. They want you to give up. Don't, for me." I pulled away to look him in the eyes. "Promise me you won't give up."

"I promise, n/n," I smiled and hugged him again.

"Hey, you alright?" Someone was waving their hand in front of my face. I blinked, realizing it was Vincent and Mike.

"Oh... Yeah. I was just thinking." I say quickly. Mike raises an eyebrow. "What about?"

I looked at him. "Michael," I say monotone. Mike said a quiet 'oh' before apologizing. "It's fine Mike. You were being curious."

Vincent cleared his throat, getting my attention. "The day shift's almost over. Would you like for Mike and me to help you with the night shift?"

I shook my head. "No thanks. I think I got it covered."

"Alright, if you say so. Don't hesitate to call us up if you change your mind," he says. Mike adds on. "Preferably before the clock chimes 12,"

I chuckle at the boys. They always wanted to help, including Jeremy and Fritz. I don't blame them. I mean, they're all men and I'm the only woman who works the nightshift. 

But if you're me, you'll figure out that I've been working here for three years now. I know how to do my job well enough.

"How about I meet you guys at the bar before the night shift begins? I got some time before it starts."

Vincent nodded. "Sounds good. But I'm sure you gotta check on your little brother first." Mike quickly agreed with Vincent.

I slouched in my place. "You do know there's a thing called running errands?" They nodded, causing me to give a little laugh. "Boys, I know you can speak so use your mouth and not your head." I semi-joke.

Vincent saluted playfully. "Yes, ma'am," Mike did the same.

"At ease!" I laughed. "Alright, I'll meet you guys there."