Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

For six years now, I had been active in this prison. It all started with an internship at age eighteen, and since then I had stayed here. I got offered a job and accepted this. After four years of hard work, they offered me a job as Head of Unit on the department of men between 18 and 25.

It was exciting, working with criminals my age. Most of them respected me. Being a girl, of course a lot of sexual comments got thrown at me but it was all right, I knew how to handle this and I worked my way up to the top which caused the prisoners to show respect. I loved my job, truly.

If you'd ask me what my most exciting moment in my six years as a guard was, I'd say the time Harry Styles got imprisoned. Every prisoner feared him. Even some guards changed departments to avoid the notorious 23-year-old. I didn't. I was curious, what made this boy this way? Why had he joined this gang and how did he come up to the top where he got to lead the gang he joined?

I didn't know much about Harry Styles. I always wanted to handle the prisoners without knowing their history so I could handle them like a blank canvas. Harry wasn't a blank canvas though, his tattoos beautified his pale skin. Other than I would have thought, Harry was calm and polite. He respected the rules and lived to them.

Harry and I had become closer, he didn't tell anyone anything, but me. I knew his story, I knew all about what happened outside the four walls and I knew who he wanted to avenge. Niall Horan. To be honest, I'd never heard the names of any of the gangmembers.

It was hard to think of them as normal people who had a family, a mother and a father, brothers, sisters, maybe even children or a wife. Harry taught me otherwise though. He had pictures of his sister, his mother and himself on the wall. The 'Bleeding Wolves' had kidnapped his sister and he hadn't seen her in three years, the year he became a gang leader.

Even though my colleagues wanted me to, I never asked Harry where his gang hid. Nor where the 'Bleeding Wolves' hid. I didn't want to ruin the bond of trust between me and Harry and apart from that; it wasn't my job to find out where the gangs hid. I didn't pick a side, neither Harry's, nor Niall's. I was here to keep the peace and what they did out of prison wasn't any of my business.

Sometimes my colleagues joked about me being in love with Harry. Of course I wasn't, I couldn't have an affair with any of 'my' prisoners. With none of the prisoners actually, and I didn't want to. I didn't want to be involved in any of the gangs. I just did my job and tried to keep the peace.

Harry didn't know anything about me, though. Most of the prisoners in my department wanted to know things about me when I asked them about themselves, but Harry didn't. He never asked anything too personal and respected it when I couldn't answer questions because of my privacy. If I didn't know better, I'd say he was quite a normal guy. He wanted to go to college and do a study, have friends and fun but because of troubles at home he decided to join the gang.

It started out as a fun group who came together and smoked together but it soon changed to a rebellious group of guys who fucked with the rules and challenged the other 'just-a-group-of-friends' in the town. They soon got labeled as gangs and since society called them that, they figured they might as well act like that.

I never knew why those boys didn't just say 'no' and went home, until Harry told me about his sister being kidnapped. He couldn't leave. It was like a contract and now that his sister was gone, he felt like giving up on her by leaving the 'Howling Devils'. I understood, I wouldn't have left my family either. Even though they didn't like me being a guard in one fo the most feared prisons on England, I would never give up on them. Ever.