"I swear you just got him like yesterday." Emily says.

"Feels like it." I say. "Hey Jules when is Zach getting you a puppy?"

"I have no clue." Julie says. "Better be soon."

"3...2...1...GO." Sonnett shouts then everybody starts racing.

As we're racing I look down at the most beautiful woman in the world.

"You know there is one thing I'm dreading about the World Cup." I say.

"What's that?" Daan asks.

"I won't be with you for like seven weeks." I say.

Daan tilts her head to look at me then she waits for me to continue.

"I don't think I've fully realized how much I rely on you." I admit.

"Audrey you're gonna be with Kelley and your aunts the whole time and they will protect you and comfort you. And on the off chance they can't, I'm always a phone call away." Daan says then she kisses my heart.

"Audrey..." Mom says through my headset. "Babygirl are you okay?"

I forgot they could here me.

Fuck.

- - - - -

"I guess I'll see you guys sometime soon." I say as Lisa hugs me.

"Why'd you two have to leave so soon?" Leah asks as she joins the hug.

"We have to get to America to do media since we're the hosts." I say as we stand in the middle of Heathrow Airport.

Tierna and I are flying to America today and some of the team decided to drive us to the airport and see us off.

Leah and Lisa stop hugging me then they go join the rest of the group who are talking to Tierna. This allows me to be alone with my girlfriend for a little bit.

"I'm gonna miss you." I say as I wrap my arms around my girlfriend.

"I'm gonna miss you too Audi." Daan says.

My girlfriend and I stand in our embrace for a while until Tierna taps my shoulder.

"We gotta go Audrey." Tierna says.

I nod then I lean down and kiss my girlfriend.

A minute later Daan and I come up for air then my girlfriend pets Balto while Balto whimpers.

"I'll miss you too Bubba." Daan says.

Daan hugs and kisses me one more time then me and Tierna head to our gate.

We get to our gate right as our group is boarding so we get in line with the first class people and board our flight.

I'm not about to spend 8 hours on a plane without leg room.

Once on the plane Tierna and I get to our seats in first class then we sit down and chat until we taxi to the runway. When we come to a stop at the beginning of the runway, Tierna and I sit back in our seats then Balto jumps up into my lap so I wrap my arms around him as we start taking off.

Once we're in the air I lean my seat all the way back, put my AirPods in, start my music, then I lay down and put my back to Tierna who's already asleep.

Right before I fall asleep Balto jumps onto the seat and lays in front of me with his back to me so I wrap an arm around him then fall asleep.

What feels like five minutes later I am rudely awaken by a wet tongue.

"Alright Balto." I say. "I'm awake."

Balto licks my face one more time then he gets off me and sits in the aisle.

Once Balto is off of me I lean the seat up, put my stuff away, buckle up before Balto jumps in my lap, then I talk to Tierna while holding my dog.

A few minutes after I've woken up we land in New York.

"I could get use to first class." Tierna says.

"Same." I say as we pull up to our gate.

Once the airplane door opens Tierna and I grab our stuff then we walk off the plane and head down to baggage claim.

"Man I'm hungry." I say.

"Same." Tierna says. "It doesn't help that it's past dinner time back in London."

It's 2:25 here in New York.

"I really hope dinner is free tonight." I say. "Because I could kill a steak, or a pizza...or both."

"Both sound nice." Tierna says as we reach baggage claim.

Tierna and I find which carousel our bags our on then we grab them before we look for the people US Soccer sent. When we find our driver he leads us out to his car, puts our bags in the trunk as we get in the car, then we are driven to our hotel. Once at our hotel we head to the team conference room.

"YOU'RE HERE." Someone yells then the team swarm Tierna and I.

"Yeah we're here." I say as I'm passed around for hugs.

Once the hugging stops, Tierna and I talk to Vlatko, who gives us our room assignments and other stuff we'll need.

Like always, I'm odd woman out mainly because I don't want anybody to have to put up with Balto.

"Are we free for dinner tonight or are we eating here?" I question.

"You ladies have dinner free." Vlatko says.

"Good." I say. "Cause I could eat a horse."