"Pyro-leaf are not extinct. Your fancy level-K professors are wrong."

Sasha rolls her eyes, "Obviously, I'm looking at one."

Carol huffs and turns her attention back towards me, "Why are you here? I know you didn't come to sip tea with me."

"I want you to get a message to Iris and the others." I pause. "They can help us get across the town lines without being arrested."

Carol cackles, amused, her blonde hair shining, blue eyes bright, "I will help."

Sasha turns around more interested in the conversation then the Pyro-leaf, "Why are you helping us?"

"You guys aren't going to make it across town lines." Carol replies. "But if you do and shit does hit the fan. You all owe me and trust me—" Carol stands taking away the tea. "I will come to collect."

I roll my eyes and move from the single chair to the couch. It's comfy, that I'm asleep a few moments later. For the first time in a while, I don't dream. Soon, someone is nudging me awake. I blink my eyes and look up to see Sasha. "Carol just returned." She explains as I frown at her. "The others are here."

I inhale, stretch, and then run my fingers through my hair. I make my way to the door and I can hear Sakiya voice, "Alright, we're here lady. What do you want—" She shuts her mouth when she sees me. "What the fuck?'

Sasha and Atlas get into a fighting position. I step in front of them and whisper, "Calm down."

The others stand in shock before Javier is stepping forward, "Hal." He questions. "What, you're—" He swallows.

"She's a demonic!" Sakiya spats. "And they're all fugitives. Why are we here?"

I cut Carol off, "We need your help to get across the town lines."

Sakiya burst into laughter, "You got to be kidding me. Do you hear yourself?" She pauses. "You think I'm about to help you—the Elder's will kill me."

I chew on the bottom of my lip, tired of re-telling the same tale. "The Elder's are not who they say they are. Elijah is controlling everything and if we don't stop him from reaching the Sinister Key, we will all die."

"You'll say anything to survive." Sakiya pushes.

"Think about it." I argue. "Everyone has been bullying you about all your conspiracies. Well, you've been right this whole time—just missing parts of the story."

Sakiya clenches her jaw.

"Elijah's been trying to kill me." I say. "You all saw that for yourself. He's the enemy—"

"—and so are you." Sakiya argues.

Iris, however, cut into the conversation, "We owe her."

Sakiya turns around in displeasure, "For what exactly? Ruining our lives."

"She's the reason we have Level K access now." Iris explains. "We wear the Dragon brand with pride every day. Plus—" Iris pauses turning toward Sakiya. "She saved us from the snake in the woods."

Sakiya huffs, annoyed. "Fine." She spats. "We will get you to the town line but afterward we're done."

"I keep hearing that." I reply while rolling my eyes.

We all settle in Carol's house as Javier leaves to go and retrieve his dad truck. The plan is to hide in plain sight. Javier stated that his father is known for carrying out deliveries outside of Red Water for extra cash. It wouldn't look odd for his truck to be crossing the town's line.