xiii. | a modest proposal

Start from the beginning

"Peter! Welcome back! Flash you're back to the first alternate," Mr. Harrington spoke. Salene watched with a new smirk on her face as Flash threw his blazer at Peter like a 5-year-old going through a tantrum.

She had opened her mouth to say something when Cindy Moon caught her attention when she nudged the blonde's side. Cindy nodded towards an approaching figure and adjusted her hair.

"The school made Mr. Harrington team up with another chaperone, and from the looks of it, he's cute," Cindy spoke and Salene squinted as she stood up straighter, trying to see this apparent "cute stranger".

The realization dawned on her and her heart skipped thirty beats at the sight of him. She had let out the tiniest squeak and tripped over herself as she scrambled to meet him. Adrian jr. laughed as Salene charged at him, full speed. The small, blonde girl jumped, knowing fully that he would catch her. He spun around once as he gave another squeeze before setting her down.

"Adrian, what are you doing here?" She asked, glancing back at the curious group of kids who watched with amusement at Salenes excitement, "Cindy said you were chaperoning with Mr. Harrington?"

"Yeah, I was the only non-staff chaperone that had their fingerprints updated and since I don't go back to school till this Friday, I decided to surprise you," Adrian smiled and Salenes jaw dropped. She didn't get the chance to spend much time with her siblings this week due to Lucifer and the weapons dealer that she and Peter have been investigating.

"This is amazing," Salene spoke as she and Adrian made their way back to the bus, Mr. Harrington stepped over, his beard lifting with his smile as he stuck his hand out for Adrian.

"Hi, I'm Roger Harrington, you must be Adrian Kalimeris," Mr. Harrington politely spoke, Adrian handed Salene his duffel bag and she quickly walked over to the bus as he and her teacher got aquatinted.

If Salene wasn't so excited to be with her brother, she would've started to feel bad for Adrian, there's a reason no one wanted to help Mr. Harrington with chaperoning, it's also the reason she started to get more and more irritated in his class. The man can't seem to separate his marriage problems from his job requirements. He's started to talk about the chemistry questions like they were in relationships and eventually confuse the whole problem.

Adrian has to share a room with Mr. Harrington and she isn't sure if Adrian is going to be able to help the man with his woman problems, the main reason being that Adrian has had a boyfriend since Salene was nine and the girl was still waiting for one of them to get the balls to propose. Adrian, funny enough, was in a relationship with a boy named Ian Corbett.

Salene, like the rest of her family, loved Ian. He was always over for any type of party that the Kalimeris family hosted and was there for every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Salene considered him an extension of Adrian and remembered a little bit of disappointment when he wasn't able to visit from college this week. She would hope that she'll catch Adrian FaceTime him so she could say hi to him but she wasn't sure of her chances.

Salene finally jerked from her trance when she felt someone stand behind her. She turned around to see Cindy mortified as she stared Salene down.

"Salene, I'm so sorry I had no idea who he was and-"

"You're okay, Cindy, you're not the first girl to hit on my brothers in front of me, it doesn't help that I barely look Greek and he looks like he just came back from Athens," Salene spoke softly, Cindy's shoulders relaxed and her face untwisted, she was visibly feeling better and Salene couldn't help but chuckle.