Heart of Darkness

Start from the beginning

"Traitor!"

"Bell bottoms and disco? I don't know, this just seemed cooler. Right, princess?" Matt gestured towards Andy for help, and the brunette immediately put her hands up in innocence, as Caroline's glare turned to her. "I am not in this." Andy breathed, and her best friend's eyes narrowed.

"She's your demon sister-in-law."

"She can still hear you." Rebekah leaned forward, and Care just scoffed. "Whatever. Have fun at your stupid dance." The blonde grabbed Andy's arm, before turning to head outside, and dragged the brunette with her. "Oh, come on, Care-Bear!" Andy whined, but her best friend shook her head.

"Caroline! Wait." Matt called out to them, jogging to catch up as they made it to the parking lot. They stopped by Care's car, before both best friends spun around to face the blonde with a smile. "Impressive." Caroline spoke, and Andromeda laughed as she leaned against the car.

"I told you. Best way to distract a mean girl, make her in charge."

Matt laughed, and Andy shrugged as Care shot her a mock glare, before turning back to Matt. "Just keep her occupied, and be careful." The blonde instructed, and Matt nodded.

"You, too. And, uh, tell him I said hi." He breathed, Andy moving away from the car as Caroline moved to get in the driver's seat, leaving over the door to look at the blonde. "Don't have too much fun." She teased, and Care shot her a smirk, before driving away.

"Ah, young love." Andy breathed, and Matt gave her the side-eye, nudging her shoulder playfully. "Please, don't you have someone waiting for you at home?" He asked, and the shorter girl gave him a wicked grin. "Oh, I do."

"Princess, have you finally lost your virginity?" Matt said dramatically, pressing a hand to his chest with a gasp, and Andromeda burst out laughing as she shoved him. "Of course not! Just, you know..." She shrugged, face flushing crimson, and the blonde looked down at her with a smile.

"I don't think I've seen you this happy in a long time."

"I haven't been this happy in a long time." Andy breathed, looking up at him with a small smile. "I'm gonna go, but call me if Bekah becomes too much."

"You got it." Andy waved goodbye to Matt, walking to her car, and quickly fishing out her phone from her purse. She dialed her brother, Fane answering after a couple of rings. "Sister, glad to see you remembered my existence!"

"Don't be so dramatic, as if I could possibly forget." Andy laughed, climbing into the driver's seat, and tossing her bag into the backseat. "Where are you? Where's Febe?"

"Febe is with her lover. Her and Kol are searching for their mother, I'm in Denver doing a favor for Nik." Her brother replied, and Andy raised a brow in surprise, quickly reversing out of the school parking lot. "Denver? What on earth are you doing there?"

"I'm keeping an eye on someone, I'm sure you know him. Jeremy."

"Jeremy? As in Jeremy Gilbert?" Andromeda immediately asked, and at Fane's confirmation, she spoke hurriedly. "Oh, please don't tell me Nik sent you there to hurt him, I will bloody-"

"Relax, little sister! I'm not here to hurt him, just keep an eye on him and allow Nik the opportunity to threaten him, in case our favorite doppelganger doesn't fall in line." Fane explained, and Andy sighed in relief, before he continued. "Besides, we might need him. The lad can speak to ghosts, and your friends may want to use him to trace their sire-line."

"How would they..." Andy trailed off, closing her eyes in realization, before letting out a sigh. "Rose turned Katherine, they might want Jeremy to ask Rose who turned her."