Chapter 31: Was it just a Nightmare?

Beginne am Anfang

"You are alone, no one cares about you, " I heard it say.

"No, I'm not, there are people that do care, " I said.

"They will leave you, just like everyone else before, " it said.

"Your lying, get out of my head," I said and I felt like my tears wanted to come out but I continued to hold it back.

The shadow then disappeared and then the scenery changed. I was on the rooftop of my school. I looked in front of me and I saw Tsurugi, Aoi, Shinsuke, Shindou, Midori, and Kariya. I got up from the floor and I was glad they were here.

"Minna," I said and I went to them. But what was off is that they didn't face me.

"Is everything alright?" I asked in concern.

"Leave us alone," Shindou-senpai said.

I was shocked by this and said, "what do you mean, what's wrong."

I was about to put my hand on Shindou's shoulder, but he slapped it away and shouted, "I told you to leave us alone!"

I was really shocked and then asked, "Why, what did I do wrong?"

He and the others faced me and I was shocked to see the hate in their eyes.

"You know exactly what you did!" Midori shouted.

I was speechless, but then I managed to say, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Look for yourself," Tsurugi said in a cold tone and pointed at my right.

I looked and I was shocked. I saw the soccer building was destroyed and the town was in destruction. Some buildings were engulfed in flames and some of them were destroyed.

"What happened?" I asked and then faced my friends.

"You betrayed everyone! You were the chosen one and yet you didn't protect anyone. Instead, you called Nemesis and watched everyone die. Now everyone is gonna die because of you," Aoi said.

"W-what?! " I said in shock, "w-where are the others?" I asked.

"Their dead because you couldn't save anyone," Shinsuke said.

I couldn't believe it, almost everyone was dead. Is it really my fault?

"In Okinawa, the town was destroyed because Nemesis showed up," Kariya said, "you brought them there, didn't you? and then you brought them here you backstabber!"

I felt tears from my eyes. I couldn't believe this was happening.

"We wish we never met you!" Shindou said in a cold voice.

I looked down at the ground and I gripped my fist. I had tears running down my eyes and I didn't believe this was happening.

"This can't be happening, this is just a bad dream, right?" I said in my mind.

"Tenma," I heard a voice behind me.

As I looked back up, the scenery changed again into a black void again and then I looked behind me. I was surprised to see my mother.

"Mother?" I said and I was about to approach her when she suddenly said.

"Why did you let me die?" she said.

"Mother, I-I'm so sorry," I said and I felt really bad.

"I cared for you and this is how you repay me?" she said and I saw she had tears. She then quickly wiped it.

"Mother, I-" I was about to say something but she interrupted.

"You think an apology is gonna fix this?" she said, "Nemesis attacked the town and you couldn't do anything about it. You even let your own mother die."

I felt new tears from my eyes and replied, "your right, how could I let you die, it's my fault I couldn't help. I will never forgive myself for letting you die. I promised that I would do my best to protect others and the people I care about."

"Don't talk about your promise, those were just empty words," she said, "your not my son, you're a mistake."

Those words broke my heart. Suddenly a black sphere appeared between her palm and then she said, "I hate you!"

The sphere fired a big beam and it hit me. My vision was black again.

"I'm sorry," I said.

*Dream End*

I opened my eyes and bolted up. I was heavily breathing and I felt something wet on my face. I touched it and then realized I was crying. I then looked back at the nightmare I had.

"It was just a nightmare, " I said in my mind.

But something was odd, at the beginning of the dream, what do they meant by 'they are coming'.

"I wonder what they meant, " I said in my mind.

I decided to get out of bed and continue the day. I never told anyone about my nightmare because I didn't want them to worry too much. I was still wondering by what they meant though.

"I hope nothing bad happens, " I said in my mind.