The gang

It was finally Monday! My first day of school would be today! Now I know most kids are disgusted by this or just flat out don't care, but I do. I had been home schooled by my awful father that thinks of me as his little girl and my brother as shit found outside. I'm not okay with my father's ways of thinking or how he acts, but I can't do much about it, but now he finally allowed me to go out into the real world of Derry and is finally allowing me to go to Derry's high school. The same school my brother goes to, the same school his gang goes to, and the same school where I always hear of these losers. Whoever they are.

Today I was dressed in a nice long sleeved shirt that had many different dark colors on it but it all went together perfectly, and blue jeans with a black belt so I would not be mistaken as some other slut or bitch that does attend the school.

It was just as I was brushing my hair into a ponytail when I heard a bang from the kitchen. I was quick to finish putting my hair up and ran off to see what had happened. I almost felt sick to the bone when I saw my brother being hit by our father many times, my brother was only wearing his pants at the moment as our father whipped the belt over his back many times. I stood by the wall watching till I heard my brother. Henry Bowers, the all tough guy, the leader of the Bowers gang, cry out in pain. I felt bad for him at that moment and quickly ran behind him, hugging his waist and looking up at my father.

"Daddy please stop!" I yelled out and it seemed that the second he saw me that nothing else mattered, he dropped the belt he had in his hand. That nasty black belt that has hurt my older brother many times.

"What's wrong hun, why are you here. Go back to your room." He said in a low calm voice, but I didn't trust it. I knew that if I went to my room then he would hit Henry again, and again, till he could barely walk.

"N-no.. Henry needs to take me to school, remember. He needs to protect me from all the bad kids." I could feel Henry trembling in my arms. He might be bigger, stronger, and taller than me, but I was the only one with balls to back talk to our father. Cause I knew he would never hurt me, everyone knew it.

"Fine go." He mumbled then grabbed a beer from the fridge and walked off, probably to get ready for work.

I had let go of Henry once he was gone and in his room. My brother looked white as if he had seen a ghost as he pulled on the light yellow shirt he had been holding tightly, it was scary seeing someone that always tried to act tough looking scared and broken.

"H-hey why don't we go to school now.. Your friends should be here to pick us up.." I kept a soft voice while talking to him, he looked up and all I saw was the face of a broken man.

"Yeah... Lets go. But if you tell anyone about this then you're dead! Understood." He snapped, but I only nodded. I didn't find him as scary as everyone else in the town did. He was my brother and I knew.. More like praying if anything that he wouldn't hurt me, and he hasn't.

It took only a few minutes for us both to pull on our shoes and eat breakfast, then there was a loud honk nose that made me jump, and next thing I knew there was a knock on the door. Henry had gonna to open it while I got our backpacks, I heard talking and grew curious of who was at the door.

I walked up to my brother and looked up at the tall skinny man that was at our door. He looked like the type that would grow up to kill people, his hair was nasty and oily and shined with the morning sun, his eyes looked dead but full of life at the same time then there was his hand that I was too late to notice. He had me in his arms and his chin on my head, it hurt having a heavy male on me. I tried to push away but he had me locked in his arms.

'Where was Henry? Why wasn't he helping me out of this? Who is this man? ' All these questions swam in my head, then I heard my brother finally talk.