𝟮𝟰. killing in the name of

Start from the beginning

     "You trusted Lexa. You let a bomb drop on Tondc. You let all those people━"

     "I am doing the best I can!"

     "Yeah? Well, it's not good enough."

    "Both of you shut up!" Elliot yelled at them. 

     They only stopped when the door suddenly clicked and opened behind them. The three women immediately pulled out their respective weapons━Elliot gripping her swords tightly in both hands. Then a familiar someone stepped out from the door and Elliot's arms lowered in an instant.

     He looked better than her, which says a lot since a building just dropped on her. He was wearing a Mount Weather guard's uniform. She studied his face, noticing the fading bruise on his eye but other than that, Bellamy Blake was fine.

     "Bellamy." Octavia sighed in relief and threw her arms around her big brother.

     Bellamy hugged his little sister like they hadn't seen each other in years. His eyes fell on the two women behind Octavia, his stare lingering on the Grounder's face more than he planned to. He expected her to glare at him even curse at him, but she didn't. She merely sent him a short nod, hiding the fact that she was glad he was alive.

     As soon as Octavia and Clarke rushed to the door, Elliot went to stand in front of the older Blake. Then she deadpanned: "You're not dead."

     He raised his brows at her. "You sound surprised."

    Elliot scoffed, shaking her head before she walked past him. After days of being stuck inside the mountain, Bellamy finally let a smile grace his face even for a second. The Grounder trudged inside the doors and found familiar faces staring right back at her. Bellamy appeared next to her.

     "Hey." Jasper looked confused at the sight of the ivory-haired Grounder. Her scar made him double-take. He seemed mildly surprised. "You're that Grounder from under the bridge."

     Elliot looked utterly uninterested as she walked past him without saying anything. Suddenly, another person appeared before them━a teenage girl wearing a blue hazmat suit. Elliot was about to raise her sword when Jasper stopped them and told them she was fine. The girl, whose name was Maya, was on their side.

     She waited impatiently for them to finish their hugging and catching-up session. It got cut off short when Maya's suit started to beep loudly, and Jasper rushed towards her, checking the time of how long until the hazmat suit ran out of oxygen.

     "Thirty minutes. And we just changed it," Jasper sputtered, sounding completely worried and nervous as they panicked. "That can't be right. Uh, shh━um... It's her last tank." 

     "Hey." Clarke tried to reassure them. "Uh, we'll find you another one."

     "All the supplemental oxygen is on level five."

     "Then we have to get you to level five."

     "Five isn't safe for any of us."

     "We'll take the trash chute again. It will work."

     "To get in, maybe," Bellamy cuts in. "Maya's right. Every soldier in this Mountain is there. We'll never make it out."

    "Leave that to me." His eyes fell on the Grounder. He thought he was hearing things but Elliot stepped forward. Something had changed about her. Bellamy found that he liked her better when she showed her face. "I can take them. You just get the girl what she needs."

     "We can do this." Jasper nodded, trying to be positive for the girl. Maya was running out of oxygen in her suit and the air around them wasn't exactly safe for her to breathe in. "We'll split up."