"Watch out!" Rin shouted, bringing Kiara's attention to a trendle of the Impure King speeding straight towards them. Just before it could get to them Kiara flew to the side, just barely avoiding the attack. "More incoming!"

Kiara continued to dodge the trendles, Rin slicing the ones that got to close to them. They were placed on the defensive for a few minutes, until a ball of fire appeared beside Kiara out of thin air.

"I can not bare to watch this any longer!" A voice said, coming from he flames and Kiara watched as it spread and changed into the shape of some kind of bird.

"Who're you?" Kiara asked. "A demon?"

"Hm. Demon, angel, Yo-oh. What does it matter? Those are human terms which have no meaning to me. You two on the other hand... what does one call a human wrapped in Devine flames? And another human surrounded by the fog of the abyss? I am Ochukuma. The guardian the purifies the unclean. And the Impure King is an enemy of mine from long ago. The sword you in the Devine flames hold in your hand was once my lord's personal weapon. If you truly wish to defeat the impure king, I can instruct you how to harness the power of the flame and channel it."

"Damn, man, that's a lot of big words. Okay sure, show me how!" Rin said

"Then let us begin." Ochukuma said, dissolving into flames and rushing straight towards Rin's sword, now much smaller and hovering just above the tip of the blade. It turned blue as it mingled with Rin's own flames. "I shall now chant the mantra and sutra. You must repeat them after me."

"Wait, what are we doing?" Rin asked.

"We are about to call fourth the Kasho Zhanmai. The Kasho Zhanmai will incinerate everything in this world. With the addition of the demonic flame, it shall purify the Impure King, along with every living thing on this mountain."

"Wait, purify?? Rin asked, "Like burn the whole mountain? Dude there's a lot of people up here!"

"What of it? They are of no importance. Those who set foot in the Impure King's castle or were touched by his minions have all been contaminated. They must all be cleansed without exception. For the Impure King can regenerate from even the tiniest speck. Come." Ochukuma said, moving the sword forwards and in turn causing Kiara to move forwards as well since she was still holding Rin.

"Hold on!" Rin said.

"Rin." Kiara said. "We have to do it."

"What? What about everyone on the mountain!? Are you okay with them being incinerated?"

"Of course not! But... if that's what it takes to save the greater amount of the world... we have to do it. Besides, there's no time to think about it. We have to destroy the Impure King before it destroys us."

"We can no longer afford to dawdle. Begin!" Ochukuma and Rin started chanting, and brilliant blue flames gathered around it. Kiara took this as a cue to send Rin flying towards the Impure King, and the moment he was out of her hands she watched from her spot in mid air as Rin landed the attack on the Impure King, causing the demon to be incinerated in blue flames.

From where she was, she felt Rin's fear start to die down, but she didn't have much time to think before a wave of blue flames washed over her. But it didn't burn like she expected it to. No, it was just warm. A tiredness started to settle over her and she slowly got closer to the ground, landing not too far from where Shura and Bon were. Her form turned back to normal as she relaxed, her tail hanging behind her limply.