"Step across the flames and onto the altar of nine floors. Defeat the enemy you find on each floor, and you may pass to the following floor!

"You may employ any magical technique, any divine ability, any means or method you wish!

"You have three chances. If you suffer defeat on your third attempt... you will be blotted out of existence."

When the white-colored overseer finished speaking, it closed its eyes and said nothing further.

Meng Hao took a deep breath and then immediately sat down cross-legged to meditate. After fine-tuning his cultivation base for a day, he opened his eyes and stepped out over the sea of flames.

In that instant, Lu Bai opened his eyes and looked at Meng Hao.

"Be careful of the third floor," he said slowly. "There, you will find a copy of yourself."

Meng Hao stopped for a moment, looked at Lu Bai, and nodded. Then, he flew across the sea of flames and stepped onto the first floor of the altar. As soon as he did, he saw a human-shaped statue, which immediately melted and transformed into a young man wearing an azure robe.

The young man's eyes were listless at first, but when Meng Hao looked at them, they suddenly began to shine with a brilliant light.

"That kid from earlier got past me by a fluke. You... won't be so lucky." Even as he spoke, he lifted his hand up into the air and then pointed forward. Behind him, a single, black bee appeared. Immediately, ghost images sprang up around it. In the blink of an eye, Meng Hao was facing over ten thousand bees.

Buzzing sounds could be heard as the bees shot toward Meng Hao. The young man's fingers flickered in an incantation, and he pointed out again. This time, shockingly, more than ten thousand centipedes appeared.

"A Dragoneer?" thought Meng Hao, shocked. Everything that was happening seemed very familiar. In the Western Desert, Dragoneer cultivators attacked in much the same fashion. Meng Hao didn't immediately respond, but rather backed up a bit and looked the situation over. After a moment, he realized... this was not Dragoneer magic, but overall, it was very similar.

As for Meng Hao, when it came to the Dao of Dragoneering, he was once a Grand Dragoneer of the Western Desert. In fact, it could be said that he was the most powerful Grand Dragoneer of his generation.

Meng Hao's face was the same as ever as the bees and centipedes closed in. He performed an incantation gesture to employ Dragoneer magic. His divine sense rolled out, and the bees and centipedes immediately stopped short.

They looked a bit confused, and as for the young man, his face filled with shock.

At the same time, Meng Hao pointed out, causing the Black White Pearls and the Ninth Mountain to appear. Roaring sounds filled the air as they crushed down. Meng Hao shot forward with incredible speed to appear directly in front of the young man. He waved his right hand, and the Blood Demon Grand Magic appeared.

The shocking golden vortex appeared, as well as a golden hand that grabbed ahold of the young man. Immediately, his body began to wither as his qi and blood were absorbed. It only took a moment for him to completely collapse.

After collapsing, the young man reappeared in another location. He looked deeply at Meng Hao for a moment before coolly saying, "I am merely a Dharma Clone created by a strand of qi. However, you were able to rout me, which is something no one has ever done before. You... have passed."

Meng Hao frowned slightly. He had not absorbed very much qi and blood, and he was still unable to see the young man's cultivation base. Without another word, he flashed toward the second floor.