CH393-404

Chapter 393: The Path of the Dragoneer

Two old men stood at the peak of the mountain that belonged to the Crow Scout Tribe. They were currently looking down at the scene playing out below. Both had white hair, but radiated extraordinary vigour. Each had four glittering totem tattoos which stretched out over their bodies, to the point where even their faces were covered.

"Hahaha! What a genius! Well played, well played."

"This kid really has a way with words. What a sharp tongue! After he becomes a vassal, we should give him the position of recruiting other vassals."

The two old men exchanged a smile. Actually, Meng Hao's performance wasn't something they would remember deeply. Every year during vassal recruiting, members of the junior generation would participate in the so-called Great War of the Crow Divinity. Other Tribe members were always more than happy to observe the excitement.

Sometimes, listening to the members of the junior generation bragging and boasting was just pure entertainment.

Meanwhile, back down below....

"Too brazen!!" cried the Crow Flame Tribe member, unable to restrain himself. His words caused the onlookers to all suddenly look at him. Everyone else present was from the Crow Scout Tribe, and they didn't look happy.

The Crow Flame Tribe member continued, "You claim that the Crow Scout Tribe's tree of Heaven and Earth gave birth to the Eastern Lands, the Northern Reaches, the Southern Domain and the Western Desert. Well, the Crow Flame Tribe is a flame of the highest of the Heavens, a fire that can burn everything! It could turn all the lands into rubble, and transform all living things into ash!"

The Crow Gloom Tribe member didn't seem to care that they were surrounding by a crowd. "The Crow Gloom Tribe is the moon of our world! Its light shines over all life. All flames and even the sun itself exist merely to serve as foils to the radiance of the moon that is the Crow Gloom Tribe!"

They had obviously been inspired by Meng Hao's words. Their arguments now were much different than they had been before.

Off to the side, Wu Hai was furious. In his view, they were the acting with complete shamelessness to brag in this way. He wanted to offer up a retort, but wasn't sure what to say. He looked over at Meng Hao.

Meng Hao was smiling, and his expression was one of coolness.

"It doesn't matter if you're talking about the Western Desert or the Eastern Lands," he said, a pious expression on his face. "All are simply solitary fallen leaves. The grand tree of the Crow Scout Tribe contains millions upon millions of leaves. As for the flames of which you speak, and the moonlight, they, too, are simply leaves on the tree!

"The grand tree of the Crow Scout Tribe is an Immortal above all living things. It supervises Heaven and Earth, and oversees the millions upon millions of trees that exist in the entire world!

"It is our light when we are in the darkness.

"It is our strength when we feel weak.

"It is our comfort when we wish to grieve.

"It is our wisdom when we are perplexed.

"It is our hope when we feel despair.

"It is our shield when we face evil!

"It provides safety when we charge into war!"

Everything was quiet as all the onlookers stared blankly. Wu Hai, the surrounding Crow Scout Tribe members, as well as the four representatives from the other Tribes were all the same.