Day Thirteen: Presents

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah he's a good friend of mine."

"Uh-huh sure, 'good friend'. I totally believe you." Alya said sarcastically.

"Alya!" Marinette exclaimed, her face growing red. 

"You aren't denying it!" Alya sang. "So, when did you get over Luka and start liking Chat Noir? Give me the deets!"

"For the last time, I don't have a crush on Chat Noir!" Marinette glared at the phone, even though Alya couldn't see.

"Oh Princess, how you wound me." Said a new voice from behind her. Marinette whirled around to see the one and only Chat Noir laying down on her chaise. 

"H-how did y-you g-get i-in?" She sputtered. He pointed to a window that Marinette had left open. "R-right." He grinned.

"I thought the Princess had fallen for her knight." Chat pouted, but Marinette knew that he was only joking.

"In your dreams." She teased. He walked towards her and cupped her face up towards his. She inhaled sharply.

"Every night, Princess." He winked then let her go.

"Awww, that was so adorable! No offense girl, but I ship it 100%." Alya commented through the phone.

"Alya! Don't encourage him!" Marinette wailed.

"Chat Noir over Luka any day!" Alya cheered.

"Alya!" Marinette yelled.

"Okay, okay, I'll go enjoy your date!" She sang and hung up the phone before Marinette could protest.

"I'm so so sorry." Marinette groaned. Chat just laughed.

"It's fine, I'm used to being shipped with people. Although, they're mostly self-inserts." He wiggled his eyebrows and Marinette laughed.

"So what ships do you approve of with your name in them?" Marinette smirked. Chat blushed.

"Well, I have two that are my absolute favorite and I can't really choose between them." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Oh? What ships?"

"Well LadyNoir."

"Of course, that's a given." Marinette did feel a little guilty about encouraging LadyNoir when she was Ladybug, but she got over Adrien so maybe... she shook the thought from her head. It would do her no good to fantasize right now. 

She was way too busy to get into a romantic relationship, even though Luka had promised her he would wait, she could tell that even he was growing impatient. He liked her and she liked him, but being the Guardian was her priority. Even if she wasn't Guardian, she still wasn't sure if she would get into a relationship with Luka. If she truly wanted to, she wouldn't have give up her evening with him to see Chat Noir. Or have romantic thoughts on the superhero now worried about her.

"Mari? You okay?" He asked, waving his hand in front of her face. Marinette nodded and felt her face warm up.

"Sorry, just a spaced out there for a moment." She smiled. He grinned at her.

"No prob Purrincess!" She giggled at his nickname for her.

"So, what was so urgent that you needed to come and visit me tonight?" She teased. He gave her a lop-sided grin.

"What's this about Luka?" He asked and she felt her cheeks grow warm. 

"F-first of all, you didn't answer my question." Chat just shrugged. "Second of all, what about L-Luka?" Chat pointed at her phone.