Part 12 - The Moment of Weakness

Dipper pulled the reins tighter, directing the baby Pterodactyl higher.

    Soon, they broke clear of the blanket of smoke that covered Gravity Falls. The flying dinosaur's claws raked the smoke's surface slightly, causing it to spin and whirl in a trail behind them.

Ahead and above, the Rift hung, an evil tear in an otherwise breathtaking expanse of stars.

Magnus bubbles and creatures of Weirdness poured from the Rift at random intervals, Dipper noticed, as the Pterodactyl glided ever closer.

Far below, screeches and howls and maniacal laughter heralded the beginning of a battle as the monsters of Gravity Falls clashed against Bill's demons.

Dipper silently wished them strength.

He felt Pacifica's grip around his waist relax - slightly - and she raised her head.

"Flying," she proclaimed, "Is awful."

Dipper chuckled despite the terrifying scene before them.

"Come on, its not that bad, Pacifica," he said.

"It's terrifying! Plus, we're on a wild dinosaur: he could just decide to eat us and we would be helpless!" she insisted.

Dipper chuckled again.

"My Grunkle Stan once rode a full-sized and angry Pterodactyl with a pig strapped to his chest and he was fine," Dipper said, turning to look back at her. He felt his stomach flutter slightly when he realized she was still holding onto his waist.

"Granted, he was punching the dinosaur in the face at the time, so I guess that changes things a little."

"Stan punched a Pterodactyl in the face?" Pacifica said, eyebrows raised.

"Yep," Dipper said proudly.

"You have a weird family, Dipper," she stared.

"Yes I do," he replied, pushing away the painful thoughts of the fate of his family as they rose within him.

"I'm including you in that statement," Pacifica said, placing her hands on her hips as she straddled the dinosaur's neck.

"I'd be a little put out if you weren't," Dipper said, laughing awkwardly.

Pacifica looked at him for a moment, biting her lip. Then she grinned, leaning forward and hugging him tight from behind.

"You're cute," she said.

Dipper froze.

"I'm ... I'm what?" he stuttered.

Pacifica just hugged him, quietly.

Clearing his throat, blushing furiously, Dipper raised the reins.

"We ... should head down, we'll be near the Palace soon," he said.

"Yeah," Pacifica mumbled, then she looked up, suddenly.

"Dipper, before we do, I need to tell you something. You know, in case there isn't another chance," she said, quickly.

Dipper turned back to her, his heart seeming to freeze with anticipation.

"What do you need to tell me?" he asked, trying to act casual.

"Well," she said, releasing her grip on his waist to rub her arm uncomfortably. Dipper realized he liked it when she did that; it was cute.

"I just needed to tell you that ever since that Pioneer Day, I've started to feel, um, different towards you and I realized why, that moment when back at my family's mansion, when you told me that I didn't have to be like the other Northwests," she continued, eyes down, "And when we were captured in the Crawlspace that first time we went, when you told me that you ... could see another side of me. The real me."

Gravity Falls: Mind of Cipherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें