·The day that changed our lives·

A/N: sensitive content for all of us... read at own risk of crying

--June 25th, 2009--

Paris' POV
This is a day like many others... I'm bored, so I turn on the TV, and what do I see? This:
"The king of pop, Michael Jackson, unexpectedly died in his house in Homby Hills, LA, California..." I couldn't believe my eyes. My father? Dead? How? Why? I phone my best friend, Y/N. After a few rings, she answered.
"Hello?"
"H-hi" I manage to say, my voice cracking up.
"You sound sad. What happened?" she asks.
"Haven't you heard the news on TV?"
"No. You're scaring me, Paris."
"M-my father... i-is dead" I say through the tears.
"Wh-what? How? When? Why?" she questions, astonished.
"Today, at 2.46 p.m." I sob.
"Oh, honey. I'll come to your house, okay?"
"O-okay" I hung up.

Y/N's POV
I'm still shocked. Michael? Dead? This has to be fake. I shake my head, jumping inside my car. The radio played "You Are Not Alone" and I couldn't contain my tears any longer. Why did Michael have to die? God, he was only 50 years old...

I arrived at Paris' house. I knock on the door. It opens, revealing a crying Paris. I hug her tightly, not wanting to let her go.
"I-I lost my d-daddy" she sobs. I hug her even more tightly-- if that's even possible.

---
*2 hours later*
Paris' POV
I hear the doorbell ring. I really wasn't in the mood for seeing people. I open the door and Michael's siblings enter. We all group-hug.
"H-how did it happen?" I ask.
"We still don't know, honey. Not until the autopsy results are public" Janet says. We cry a little more, then the doorbell rings again-- it was grandma Katherine and grandpa Joseph with Prince and Bigi. I hug my brothers and grandparents.
"We have to arrange the funeral" grandma says with her voice cracking up. Y/N was there listening, with tears in her eyes. She was always like a big sister to Prince, Bigi and me.

···
I published this today for a reason we all know

*wipes remaining tears away*
We all miss you sm Mikey😭❤️

L.O.V.E.
~❤Daddy's··baby❤~
···