06 || home sweet home

Start from the beginning

On her way back, a pair of familiar redheads entered my vision as they walked towards the village.

"Hello Gaia!" they said in unison.

"You two know how much I hate that," Gaia rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Yeah, but-"

"-you love us more-"

"-than you hate it." Fred and George alternated, both with wide grins on their faces.

"And I hate that even more." Gaia laughed as she shook her head.

"Already going back to the castle? We didn't even get a chance to hang with you," Fred said, feigning sadness.

"Maybe next time, Freddie. I still need to try and catch up with History," Gaia apologized.

"Malia has said that you've been sleeping through History," George commented.

Fred and Gaia exchanged confused looks and looked at George who looked back at them weirdly as he observed the grins on their faces.

"Something going on between you and Malia?" Gaia teased.

George scoffed and shook his head, "Nothing. We just resolved our issue so we've been talking a bit more."

"Sure," Fred dragged out as he bumped his shoulder against his twin.

"You of all people know that, Fred," George glared half-heartedly as he rubbed his shoulder.

"Yeah yeah, just teasing. Well then, we'll see you later at dinner Gaia." Fred laughed, ruffling the Ravenclaw's hair.

"Stop it! You're getting snow in my hair," Gaia grumbled, swatting his hand away and patting off any snow on her head.

"I don't see the problem. You look cute," Fred said as the two walked away.

Gaia froze in her position with her mouth slightly open and her eyes wide.

What did he say?

✧✧✧

"Professor?" Gaia asked in confusion as Professor Lupin appeared for patrol instead of Cedric like usual.

"Mr. Diggory wasn't feeling well tonight, but we can't let you patrol on your own, so I volunteered to accompany you," Professor Lupin explained.

"You didn't have to, professor! It's been a few weeks since what happened so I think I'd be fine on my own," Gaia said.

"Direct orders from the headmaster. And besides," he said with a smirk, "I've missed patrolling the halls, if I'm honest."

"You did imply that you were a prefect when you were a student. Could you tell me about it?" Gaia asked as they started walking side-by-side.

"I'd say my experience was a bit similar to yours," Professor Lupin said after some thought.

"How so?" Gaia said as they turned a corner.

"My group of friends were like the two Weasleys you're always with. Well, only two of them but they caused enough havoc on their own," Professor Lupin chuckled.

"Really? No offense professor, but I didn't think you'd be the type to stick to mischief," Gaia said.

"You don't seem to be someone who'd get involved with the Weasley twins either and yet the three of you are as close as can get," Professor Lupin said.

"I guess you're right. But it's hard to be prefect and not want them to get in trouble. There's only so many slips I can give them before I actually have to take points or give detention," Gaia admitted with a sigh.