Seems Familiar

Kyoya could say there's is one thing he hates about Vongola and that is the chaos of everyday life. But then he died and woke up as a baby.

"How's my little Harry?" His new mother whom he hadn't bothered to remember the name of cooed at him. He huffed at her and curled to his other side trying to get back to the nap she rudely interrupted. Sometimes he wishes he was back with Vongola with his family but no he had to go and die and then find himself in another fucking world.

"Aww little Harry don't to play with mommy?" Another rude interruption of his thoughts by the one called his mother. He'd say that she's almost as bad as Fon. He felt a tickle on his side and he popped open an eye to glare at her only to stop short at the sight of the feather tickling him seemingly on its own. He turned his wide eyes to his suddenly more worthy of attention mother as she moved her wand in the same movements of the feather.

Most wouldn't know this but Kyoya hated not knowing things. I mean by the time he got involved with Vongola he already had three bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Business Science, and Applied Science. He just didn't continue getting degrees after becoming Tsuna's cloud guardian and spy master. So a magical force that is decidedly not flames had now garnered his undying curiosity. He grabbed the feather tickling him in an attempt to study the strange force he could feel at the edge of his senses. He pouted when he felt the strange force left the feather in his hand directed his attention to his mother and waved the feather around to try to get her to make it move again.

"You can play with the feather Harry." She smiled at him. He scowled and pointed at her wand and then the feather.

"What you want me to move the feather with my magic again?" She asked a little astonished that her child could understand enough of the world to make the connection that she made the feather move with magic. He nodded setting down the feather in front of him.

"Wingardium leviosa." She intoned and floated the feather around his head. He clapped to let her know her cooperation was appreciated before studying the floating feather like it was a particularly interesting test subject a scientist was trying to study. He did minutely wonder why Latin was choice of language for the spell when 'I lift' in English should do the same. While staring at the feather floating he noticed a slight distortion in the air when it was moved but not much else. He knew from earlier that touching the feather would likely make the spell fail but instead moving his hand above and below the feather to see if he could feel anything.

"H-" He heard his mother start to speak to him but he wasn't listening. Instead he felt the small magical current connecting the feather and the wand. His brow furrowed as he felt his flames and something else quiver briefly before the current stopped and let the feather drop in front of him. He picked the feather up again and stroked it to attempt to feel any potential remnants of the magic that touched it. He felt something very faint but it was enough to separate the feeling of his flames from the magic inside him.

Gathering the feeling in the palm of his other hand he placed the feather on top. *Whoosh* And watched the feather shoot up to the ceiling and stay floating up there. He smiled before a gasp startled him out of his concentration and the feather started floating back down. Not that he noticed much as his mother was smothering him with kisses and gleefully calling for his father.

"James! Come quick!" And Kyoya's thought process stuttered to a halt.

'James....'

"What's wrong Lils?" James questioned looking around for any threats.

'... Lils.... Lilly...'

"Nothing's wrong but Harry did his first case of accidental magic!" She exclaimed and proceeded to explain while hugging his frozen and limp body.

'... Harry.... I'm Harry Fucking Potter right now aren't I?' If it wasn't so undignified he would be screaming and crying right now.

'Fate I take back anything I did to make you hate me right now. I thought the omnivore was your bitch not me!!!!!' He screamed inwardly. The feather being placed back in his slack hand snapped him out of his thoughts. If he was angry rather than horrified he would've snapped the feather in two without a thought despite being about 5 months old.

"Can you do it again to show you're daddy?" His mother whom he now knew was going to die in about 10 months asked. He stared at her and smiled deciding to enjoy it while it lasted. He let the feather float carefully off his palm to not let it hit the ceiling this time. James gasped and sneezed as Kyoya made the feather tickle his nose.

"I'm so proud of you my little prongslet!" James exclaimed pulling him into a hug letting the feather drift away. Lily hugged the both of them with a smile.

'I'm not usually one for emotions but just this once...' Kyoya closed his eyes and basked in the love he knew would be far too short-lived.

'I knew my new name seemed familiar unfortunately it is just for all the wrong reasons.'

AN: When this popped into my head I just couldn't resist. And before you ask no it will not be like Armageddon.