"Not really, but it sounded good. Doesn't it, Hiraya?" He fired right back, mischief gleaming in his expressive eyes.

I don't want to smile, but it's so damn hard. Ngayon mukha akong tangang nagpipigil ng ngiti.

"Finally a smile on those luscious lips." He muttered. His gaze burned as he focused solely on my mouth. I backed away from the island and rested on the kitchen counter mounted on the wall. Pa-simple akong uminom sa kape ko para lang matakpan ko ang mga labi ko. It's not really the time to be rehashing our kiss in my mind.

"Back to your problem. Have you already approached said ex-man about this?" I really don't want to answer anymore of his questions. But he dropped the light aura he has and he's oozing with danger and death. I inwardly quiver with the menace his words hold.

"No."

The lax and emotionless expression he was sporting morphed to that of shocked and utter rage. "What do you mean, no?"

There's something about the way he releases his words. Hindi siya sumisigaw, pero 'yong dating ng bawat salita, kinilabutan ako. It's quiet, eerie at the same time, intese, fierce, and vicious.

I averted his gaze and settled it on my cup of coffee. I rimmed my fingers on the mouth of the cup and started talking. "I'm on a tight budget, Reid. I'm expanding my business and hiring additional manpower. Oo, gusto ko siyang habulin at pagbayarin sa kagaguhan niya pero hindi 'yon ang priority ko. My people had put their faith and trust in me and I don't intend of letting them down."

He was quiet. Too quiet. Kaya kahit ayaw ko, nagtaas ako ng tingin. Mabigat pa rin ang pagtitig niya pero napansin kong medyo lumamlam na ang malalim na uka sa noo niya kanina.

"Contact him and tell him to meet us next week." Utos niya.

Kahit may mumunting takot pa akong nararamdaman dahil sa talas ng titig niya at bigat ng bawat bigkas niya sa bawat salita, hindi ako nagpatalo. I stood tall and lift my chin to challenge him.

"Shove your orders up your ass, Reid. Because I'm not following them."

A glint of amusement took presence in his eyes. "You do it or I'll do it. Either way, I'll make sure he'll pay for what he did."

I groaned my exasperation. Kahit saang banda ako humataw, hindi ako mananalo sa kanya. "Why are you doing this, Reid?"

"Because I like you." He answered instantly, directly, without pretenses. I faltered and almost fell on the floor. Did he? Did he just? What?

He grinned, looking pleased that he caught me off-guard. "That made you shut up, huh?"

I cinched my brows tightly together I'm convinced I'm getting a monobrow. I swiped at the excited, jingly feeling in my chest. Not the time to be doing a happy dance internally. I opened my mouth, closed it again. Open, close. C'mon the fuck on brain! I'm in dire need of a smart ass comeback right now!

With his grin still intact, he set his mug down the counter and stood. We prowled to where I'm planted. His steps are slow and done with grace. Jesus, I don't even know if 'grace' is a word to describe how a man walks but that's how he does it.

He stopped right in front of me, permitting no space in between since his shoes are touching my gray bunny slippers. Locked and caged by his heated and ferocious stare, he took the cup in my hands and placed in on the other side of the counter.

Without any warning, he placed both his hands underneath my armpits, lifted me on the air like I weigh close to nothing, making me yelp. I grabbed his shoulders in the process before I felt my ass hitting the cold, granite of my kitchen counter.