Chapter 8: The Genius, arch-rival and the natural?

Comincia dall'inizio

Mari started to make honey soufflé for her and Ichigo. Ichigo watched as Mari made them. "Wow she's made them with no hesitations and no wrong movements" whispered Ichigo. "She is the top student after all" whispered Vanilla. Ichigo noticed a glass window cabinet, full of trophies. The trophies were all Mari's and they were from past competitions she had entered and there were ones about being a top student. "Wow you're amazing to win these many trophies," said Ichigo to Mari. Natsume did have lots of trophies and medals at home but Mari had way more than her. "Even though I have won many trophies, I only work hard for the acknowledgment of one person," said Mari. "You're trying to gain somebody's attention?" asked Ichigo "who's?" "From someone that I have known and respected for years" replied Mari. Ichigo felt a bit un-comfy with Mari's words; normally trying to gain the acknowledgment of someone would just make you a show-off and a fool. But Ichigo decided to mind her own business and not ask any more questions.

Soon the soufflé was done and Mari gave one to Ichigo. Ichigo found the honey soufflé delicious. "The way how this honey soufflé melts inside your mouth is incredible," she said. Just then she noticed something about the soufflé. "I smell a fragrance of mandarin orange in the soufflé. Did you use some mandarin orange-flavored honey?" "Yes I like to use all different types of honey in my sweets; honey sweets is my specialty" replied Mari, who was surprised that Ichigo was able to realize that.

After finishing the soufflé, Ichigo thanked Mari and headed back to the middle school dormitories. She had asked Mari if she could take some soufflé back to her dorm and Mari agreed. 'I feel that Ichigo has a lot of hidden abilities for making sweets,' thought Mari 'I feel I better keep watch of her skills'.

When Rumi came back, Ichigo told her about her day with Mari. Rumi couldn't believe what Ichigo told her, because no student had ever been in Mari's room before. She also couldn't believe that Ichigo got to try Mari's famous honey soufflé. "It must have been nice to know that Tennouji sempai knows you," said Rumi. "It did," said Ichigo "but I don't think I'm anything special compared to her and the sweets princes". Rumi smiled. "I think you are special in your own way Ichigo," she said. "So do I Ichigo" whispered Vanilla. Ichigo smiled at that comment.

Rumi told Ichigo about Mari entering the cake grand Prix and she explained to Ichigo what that was. The cake grand Prix was a sweet making competition that St Marie Academy held once a year, and it was the biggest event held at school. And the winner got to study at the St Marie Academy in Paris. "Are only the high school students of St Marie Academy allowed to enter?" asked Ichigo. "Oh no the middle school students are allowed to enter as well," said Rumi "to tell you the truth the sweets princes entered last year and they made past the preliminary rounds". "Wow, that's amazing," said Ichigo. She had never known about this until now. "Mind you, they would have gone higher if the heiress wasn't in their group," said Rumi. "Heiress?" said Ichigo. Rumi showed Ichigo a picture of a girl with ginger curly hair on the computer. "That girl is the heiress," said Rumi "and it was her fault that the sweets princes lost in the second round last year". "Goodness" replied Ichigo. She wondered what happened.

The next day Ichigo was cooking in the kitchens with the sweets princes and she told them all about group B and she invites to Mari's dorm room yesterday. The boys couldn't believe their ears. "Wow Ichigo-chan, you're lucky to have been in Tennouji sempai's room," said Satsuki "because no middle school student has ever been in there before". "So group B are still picking on you huh?" asked Sennosuke. "Yep, but I am not going to let them ruin my time here at St Marie Academy," said Ichigo. "It's good you didn't fool for their trick," said Makato "because only an idiot would go into the forest to gather walnuts, even though the walnut season is over". Ichigo got cross. "I knew that walnut season was over thank you Kashino," said Ichigo "and that's why I didn't fool for their trick. And if you aren't satisfied with having me in the group, then just ask the heiress to be in your group". When Makato heard the word heiress he suddenly turned very pale, as if he just saw a ghost. Ichigo was surprised by that reaction. "Eh, what happened with this heiress?" Ichigo asked Satsuki.

Satsuki and Sennosuke explained to Ichigo that the heiress was a third-year middle school student named Miya Koshiro and that she was the daughter of the president of Chateau Seika. Ichigo had heard of Chateau Seika; it was a famous company that made sweets, cakes, chocolates, and cookies. "The truth is she has a crush of Kashino," said Satsuki. "Last year we were teamed up with her," said Sennosuke "but she kept on making mistakes and never concentrated on her work properly". "You're kidding?" asked Ichigo "but if she was that bad, then how did she end up as your team member last year?" "We guess it was because of her being the heiress to the Chateau Seika," said Satsuki. Ichigo started to think that Miya Koshiro was a spoilt girl. "Last year at the Grand Prix, after we made our sweets for the second round, Koshiro made Makato drop the sweets on the floor and that's why we lost in the second round," said Sennosuke. "Good grief!" said Ichigo "she shouldn't have had the right to be in the Grand Prix, with that behavior". "Yeah but that's what happened," said Sennosuke.

Ichigo asked the boys if they were going to enter the cake Grand Prix again this year. "Yes we are," said Satsuki "because studying at the St Marie Academy in Paris is what we both want to do". "And we have decided to have you be in our team Amano-san," said Sennosuke. "What? Me?" gasped Ichigo "but I'm not ready to enter something like this yet". "I think you are," said Satsuki "besides we feel more like a team with you than any other girl we've teamed up before". "I agree," said Sennosuke. Ichigo couldn't believe that the boys chose her, but she agreed to enter with them.

Ichigo and the boys went to the Salon de Marie; Makato decided that this would be a good start of preparing for the cake grand Prix. The boys decided they should head for the angel's pudding, which was made from Mari Tennouji. The angel's pudding was a crème caramel dessert. Ichigo told the boys about her eating Mari's honey soufflé, and it made the boys jealous because they haven't tried it yet.

When they were at a table, they were served with crème caramel desserts, even though they hadn't ordered anything yet. Ichigo tried and found it delicious. "This caramel pudding has a very rich flavored cream and the use of eggs and milk is great," she said, "it tastes like the sun". The boys and spirits found it delicious too. "I'm glad you like my pudding Makato-Kun," said a voice.

Makato nervously turned around and there was Miya Koshiro. She looked like a high-class lady from Georgian times. Miya had two boys with her; Satou and Shiyotani, and they were her servants. "As you can see I have improved on my skills a lot since last year," said Miya "and I went through a lot of intensively training under first-class patissiers. So Makato-Kun let's team up together in the Grand Prix again". "Sorry Sempai," said Makato "but I'm teaming up with Ichigo Amano this year". "What?" said Miya, in disbelieve. Miya looked at Ichigo. "I've heard that you were scouted by Henri-sensei, and I have heard that your skills are quite good. But your skills are nowhere near mine. So Makato you should just team up with me". Ichigo glared; she could see that Miya was indeed a very spoilt brat, and she was the type who always wanted to get what she desired. "Enough already!" shouted Ichigo "the sweets princes don't want to team up with you. And I don't blame them, especially since it was your fault that they lost in the cake grand Prix last year". Miya went pale in the face. "I've heard everything about what happened last year, and that's why the boys don't trust you. Besides you can't just force yourself to be on their team; teamwork does not work like that".

Everyone in Salon de Marie heard the commotion and they were impressed with Ichigo standing up to Miya like that. Even the sweets princes were impressed. Miya huffed. "All right then Amano I shall challenge you to a showdown," she said "you and I will make a caramel crème pudding each. And the one who has made the best pudding wins. And if I win then I will team up with the sweets princes in the Grand Prix". Ichigo thought that Miya's idea was stupid, but she knew that Miya was very eager to team up with the sweets princes again.

The sweets princes felt uneasy about this. "What should we do?" whispered Sennosuke. "I don't know, I mean when Koshiro makes up her mind, there is no stopping her" whispered Satsuki. Makato was about to say something about this, but Ichigo spoke up. "I accept your challenge," she said, "but if I win, then I will be teaming with the sweets princes". Miya smirked.

Mari and the chairman of the St Marie Academy were in the Salon de Mari, and they volunteered to be the judges. Mari thought that Miya's challenge with Ichigo was foolish, but the chairman insisted that the showdown happens. "Prepare your-self Amano," smirked Miya "because this showdown will determine who will enter the cake grand Prix with the sweets princes". Ichigo just stared.

The end.

2458 words hope you like it.