Prologue - Oh No, He's Hot

~Adam's POV~

~Fright of Their Lives~

"So, you're just leaving?" I blurted when Beetlejuice was walking out on Barbara and I because we "aren't scary".

"Yes, Adam. Yes," Bj seemed sad, even though he cannot actually feel emotions, "Goodbye. I'm signing off. Don't text me in the middle of the night 'u up?', because 'new phone', 'who disssss'. See you in hell!" Then Bj threw down some smoke, thinking he would disappear, "Bam. Gone," but he just squatted there.

I felt a flash of a feeling that I had reserved for one person, and that was my wife.

"I- I," I stammered, trying to keep the demon in the attic, but he was done. 

"I'm just gonna use the door," Bj said as he walked out.

I sulked over to my wife, about to explain what I just felt, in hopes she would understand, but then the hot- NO HE'S NOT HOT WHY DID I EVEN THINK THAT??? I took a small breath. ...then the demon piped back in.

"Hey, guys?" I felt the feeling again. Maybe he was gonna stay. What if he harassed me again? Would I hate it? I might ev- he cut my thoughts off after a minute of us (or just me) hoping he would stay, "Fuck you guys."

"UGH, THAT GUY NEEDS," I was gonna say 'to chill out and hang with us' but I changed my words a bit, "therapy. I hope there's a dead therapist down there who can get him the help he needs." I didn't want to be too obvious, but how would I tell Barbara?