Iwaizumi jumped out of trance, completely in shock as he saw you before him. He felt caught, and unsure how to answer.

"I-I, um, I didn't mean to eavesdrop."

You said, "It's fine. Let's go back now."

He nodded. This time, the walk back was rather silent. Both of you didn't talk and it felt rather awkward. Iwaizumi couldn't stop thinking about Terushima's words. It kept echoing in his head: is it Iwaizumi? But what if it was? Should he ask you out? Would you say yes? But what if it wasn't? Then he'd be heartbroken and wasn't sure if he could hold a straight face and continue being your friend.

"Stop it," you told him, breaking him out of his thoughts.

He eyed you curiously, "Stop what?"

"That overthinking thing you do when you're worried. Are you thinking about the answer to Terushima's question?"

He gulped, which was enough of an answer.

"If I give you the answer, what would you do about it?"

He blinked looking at his feet, "I-I don't know. I guess it depends on the answer."

You took a deep breath as you reached your house yet again. You had argued with yourself as well on how to approach the situation. You had been wondering if it was worth sacrificing and jeopardizing your whole friendship. And it wasn't like you had many, after all. He was your only good friend in school.

But, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith.

You tucked a side of your hair behind your ear and faced Iwaizumi. "Hajime," you called, almost soft.

He looked up to face you.

"I hope you do the right thing," you said before turning on him and walking towards your house.

He was confused, furrowing his brows and trying to understand what you meant.

Midway to your door, you turn just lightly, looking behind your shoulder. With your heart racing you braved yourself to say it. "By the way," you paused. He looked at you with hopeful eyes, and you uttered a line that answered every question in his head.

"The answer is yes."

What was it with you and leaving him frozen like that?

~X•X•X~

"Goddamn it, pick up Oikawa!" Iwaizumi practically screamed into his phone as he dialed for the third time, awaiting some kind of response from the other side of the line.

Finally, after fourth ring, he picked up, "What's up, Iwa-chan?"

"Shittykawa, you have to help me!" Iwaizumi yelled.

Oikawa's ears pained at the sudden noise and calmly replied, "You know, if you're going to ask for help at least call me by my real name. What's wrong?"

"(Y/n) likes me!"

"Ugh finally! You have no idea how long I've waited for the both of you to come clean. So, you finally confessed?"

"No, um-"

"She confessed?"

"Well, sort of? I guess?"

"And you responded?"

"No, she didn't really give me a chance to respond."

"She is something else."

"Okay, just help me! You have a lot of experience in this. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Ask her out? You don't really have anything to be worried about. She likes you."

"Yea, I-I guess. Gosh how do I do it?"

"..."

"Oikawa answer me!"

"You literally just ask."

"Oh, right. Okay, I guess I'll ask her tomorrow."

"Hey, but congrats. I'm suddenly so moved," Oikawa said, fake-crying, "My boy's finally growing up."

"Shut up Trashykawa. Wait a minute, this whole time you knew she liked me?"

"Yea."

"She told you?"

"Well, not exactly. She kind of slipped up when she was thinking out loud during the cultural festival."

"How so?"

"She was getting mad turned on by your arm wrestling, saying something about how she wanted you to feel her up against a wall with those meaty arms."

"..."

"Iwa-chan?"

"..."

"Well, I guess you're dead."

_______________________________

a/n

my lazy ass didn't want to think of an OC name so yes, i made bby teru vice cap of the track team in seijoh lol

i honestly love terushima

i want to sit on his face :)