"they dont need to know"

back and forth, back and forth, this argument began to sway.

"this is wrong, Maxx."
"Noooo, its nott," he laughed back.
I flopped back onto my bed and sighed, "well, how is it right?"
"It....it just is!" He laughed again, but this time i laughed too.

We talked for another two hours or so. I listened to him waffle on about a game he was playing, whilst i braided my hair and took my makeup off.
"You know, you look pretty like that" he smiled, sweetly.
"Stop it, Mills!" I laughed and crossed my legs, my cheeks tinted a light pink.
"What?" He chuckled, "you do!"
"But you arent meant to think that!" I giggled back, and looked at my legs.
"You totally like me" he smirked.
"Well, no, i don't"
————————————————————————
7:30AM, Monday 13th April.

I rolled out of bed and made my way downstairs.
"Tired?" I was greeted by my mum, who laughed.
I laughed back, "just a bit."
"Its because you were calling that boy again," she flipped her egg and sighed, "your father and i were like that once, but it was more the 'ill send you a few notes and we'll sneak out' type."
I grabbed a slice of toast and a fried egg, then sat down. "I dont like him" i laughed, "he's just a friend."
"Well, you seemed to enjoy talking to him," she laughed, "who is he, by the way?"
I couldnt tell her that he was a Mills twin.
"That doesnt matter" i smiled, and ate my toast.
"Invite him over for dinner, id like to meet him," she smiled.
Uh, you have, you met him 16 years ago.
"Sure, yeah, okay," i smiled, then placed my plate in the sink and skipped back upstairs.
My phone buzzed.

"Max is typing..."
Oh, brilliant.

I unlocked my phone and clicked on the notification.
"Morning x"
I smiled, and my cheeks tinted the same colour as last night, but no feelings were felt, i swear.
"Morning Max :)"
He sent a picture.
I opened it, he was only in boxers; a typical Max look. Id seen him like this a countless number of times, but this time it felt... different? Weird. A weird different.
I sent one back, a mirror picture to be precise.
He replied, again.
"Looking good x"
He was acting weird recently. Never have we flirted, or called, until this past week. He'd been my friend for life, but nothing more.
I left it on opened, and got changed into my school uniform.
I grabbed my school back and a bottle for strawberry milkshake, and plodded downstairs. "Bye mum!" I cheerfully shouted before running out the door.
"Bye!"

————————————————————————
I sat down in first period, and looked at the clock. I was just on time, but where were the twins? Probably late. I laughed to myself.
Just as i leant down to grab my book out of my bag, he stepped through the door, a huge grin on his face, followed by his twin brother, my best friend.

"Mr Mills, youre late, again." The teacher peered over the frame of her glasses, "and Harvey, you're late too?"
"Max wouldn't get ready on time, and i didn't want to leave withou-"
"Enough has been said, detention for you both this lunchtime. I expected better, Harvey"

Max sped up, and took the seat next to me. Harvey scoffed, "thats my seat!" He whispered,
"Deal with it, Harvey" Max chuckled, whispering back. I laughed a bit and Harvey took the seat behind me, huffed and crossed his arms.
Max scooted his chair close enough so that Harvey couldn't peer in between, and placed his hand on my thigh, running circles with his thumb.
I felt my face flush a darker shade than before, but i don't like him, i swear.
"What if they find out?" I spat out, whispering.
"They don't need to know"

{649 words}