"Should you be skipping class?" She quietly asked.

"Should you be backing down like that?" He said looking at the menu. His looked up from the card when she didn't answer him.

"Thanks for the... blazer" she tried to change the subject.

"Do you like Strawberry shortcake?" He asked and she nodded. He placed their order and Sakura sat there in relief, thinking he wouldn't bring it up again.

"What are you so afraid of?" Looks like he hadn't forgotten

"Well..." she looked around "There was this one time I spoke back..."

"How'd it turn out?"

"Good. They left me alone"

"See? It's not that bad" he said.

"Except I had bubblegum in my hair the next day" she flatly smiled at him and his eyes widened.

"You just get picked on by the wrong ones, don't you?" He sympathised her.

"You have no idea" she scoffed.

"You don't have to worry when I'm here, baby" he smirked and her heart melted. "So how's practice been?" He asked referring to the Nationals next week.

"My muscles are sore" she said.

"Does it hurt too much?" He asked.

"My legs might give up on me anytime soon"

"I could fix them for you" he huskily said wrapping his long fingers around her hand which held a spoonful of shortcake and ate it. She felt her blood rush to her cheeks.

"Umm... I..." she stuttered.

"HEY HEYY HEYYYYY" a voice boomed through the cafe and Sakura jumped in her seat.

"Bokuto san?" She looked around to see him strangling one of his teammates. He heard her voice and his eyes erratically searches for her.

"Sakura chan" his eyes shone bright as he sat beside her "You're as beautiful as ever-"

"Why is he here?" He scowled.

"Because I'm her boyfriend"

"You're dating him?! He's no fun"

"He is!" She defended.

"What are you doing in Miyagi?" Ushijima asked Bokuto.

"Oh, we were just here for a practice match with Karasuno... say, the fixtures are being released today" he had a serious look on his face as Ushijima sat his teammate beside him.

"Hey hey hey! We're here!" He said and the rest of Fukurodani rushed to greet Ushijima and Sakura. But mostly Sakura.

"It's out" Ushijima said and everyone jumped to look at his phone.

"Fukurodani and... Inarizaki?" Ushijima almost laughed in sympathy.

"Awwh maaan..." they all whined. Except for Bokuto.

"So this time we'll beat Inarizaki!" He looked like he had seen Kami himself. He looked so motivated.

"Who are we against?" Sakura interrupted.

"The boys... are against Tokushima" he said.

"That school from Hokkaido... Their serves are amazing" Bokuto said. Ushijima wasn't affected he was rather relieved that their victory was certain.

"The girls are against..." his fingers swiping against the screen checking for the girls' fixtures "Fukurodani?!"

Sakura's breath hitched. They all slowly turned to look at Sakura's bereaved face. "Shit" Akaashi was visibly frowning.

"But they practiced so hard" Bokuto pitied them like they already lost against Shiratorizawa.

"Hey, the games are next week!" Sakura stopped them from underestimating their own team.

"Toshi san..." she hesitantly asked "What about Nekoma?"

"Nekoma... Kaifukan" he said.

"K-Kaifukan? They're always in the semifinals" Sakura looked worried.

"I don't like this one bit." Akaashi scoffed

"This is scary" Sakura said.

Ushijima was the only one with a scowl on his face.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I was hoping for Itachiyama" he blankly said expressing his mind and everyone's jaws dropped.

"I thought he was just stoic. He's crazy too" Bokuto said "So cool"

—————

Walking into the arena at Tokyo was nerve wracking. It smelled like pain sprays and relief patches. They all looked intimidating.

"Fukurodani girls are so tall" Yumiko squealed.

"They don't look so friendly either" Haru whispered.

The corridor fell silent when Shiratorizawa walked in.

"There's the two aces from the U-19 team I told you about"

"Ushijima looks scary"

"That's the sniper, I've seen her in monthly volleyball"

"I heard she's in the U-19 as a regular"

"Man, Wakatoshi is here"

"She's only a first year"

"He's so tall"

"Shit"

Somebody get me a respirator I'M WHEEZING. #1 in Haikyuu and 4 others?? I'm mortified.

 #1 in Haikyuu and 4 others?? I'm mortified

I'm so grateful to all of you guys. Every one of you. Thank you very much. My love and prayers to all of you. ♥️

Also, that bubblegum thing is a personal experience so I just wanted to put it in this chapter 🙊💁🏻‍♀️