eighteen

louisa didn't know whose get together she was at, but the sight of fuckshit and his crew walking past estee and her crew calmed her nerves. she wanted to go and say hi even though it wasn't her place, she hadn't spoken to estee since the end of the summer. drew tapped her shoulder.

"do you want something to drink? jayme and i are going to the corner store."

lou nodded, telling her she wanted a sprite watching her friend disappear with jayme around a corner. she hung out with denise, wallace, and quin. peter had been grounded the week before, and her friends played never have i ever with their fingers.

"never have i ever," wallace pretended to think before he asked an inappropriate question. "made out with a girl."

"that doesn't count, dude, you have to say something you haven't done!" quin argued with his brother, wallace shot him a look, his lips pursed and eyes low.

"now, brother, i'm as gay as it gets," his comment made the four of them laugh. they put a finger down.

denise nudged lou and pointed at a familiar face. it was fuckshit, visibly drunk already as he stumbled around the skatepark. a bottle was in his hand as he bothered ray's friends, the girls watched as he ruffled a guy's hair.

"shit," lou stood up, but stalled as she thought about his comment the last time they saw each other. "i don't know, is it my place?"

"that's your man, girl," denise shooed her before putting another finger down.

the walk towards fuckshit was slow, she pretended to tie her shoes halfway and looked back up to see that he had distanced himself from ray's friends. her cheeks heated up the closer she got to him. he smelled like weed, and he was obviously more than just drunk.

"what's up with you?" her attempt at small talk was ignored, she rolled her eyes at his childishness. "daniel, what are you on?"

"if you came over here to start something, don't. i feel like you already know how i feel," he didn't bother to spare her a look but took a sip from his beer. she snatched it out of his hand and smashed it to the ground, not sparing the broken glass a glance. "lou."

"shut the fuck up and answer my question."

he sighed, sparing her a glance now that his drink was gone. his eyes were heavy and red and a small grin graced his lips. it was smug, like the look a villain would give the protagonist at the end of a movie when their foot is stuck in between two hard places.

"you want some?" he taunted louisa. the thought of him doing drugs and fucking up any chances he had left in life irked her, he knew it. lou rolled her eyes.

"i still care about you-"

"then fucking act like it."

"fuck you," the tall girl narrowed her eyes at his words. "who the fuck do you think you are, truly? i fuck who i want just like you do. now you wanna act all hurt and depressed because you're getting a taste of your own fucking medicine? you're a lot of things, but you aren't fucking stupid."

she stepped back to study him, he put his hair up and gave her a look.

"i would slap the shit out of you if you weren't so fucked up right now," lou sneered in his face. they made eye contact with each other for a couple seconds, a tension of some sort settling between them.

then quin called louisa's name, breaking their staring contest and summoning the girl who could've sworn she was going to kiss her ex after threatening him. he said something about drew and jayme not being back yet and missing a random call.

"you coming?" he started to walk away. lou took one last look at fuckshit, who was now being berated by ray, and followed her friends out of the park.