Chapter 14 - Everyone's just a dork

Start from the beginning

"They're both in the top ten, though." Uraraka said, "It's very possible that they got dispatched together to deal with villains."

"It's just a hairstyle." Shoji muttered, "And they're not my parents."

"Shoji is definately not related to Edgeshot and Ryukyu." Midoriya laughed, "Trust me."

"How can you be so sure?" Todoroki countered, but Midoriya just shrugged, "I can ask them, if you want?"

Iida raised his eyebrow, "You mean, walking up to them in public after they defeat a villain, and ask them in front of the camera? Izuku, you should know better than that!"

"No." Midoriya defended himself, "Like... I can just call them and ask."

Kaminari blinked, "Their agencies?"

"Their private numbers." Midoriya clarified, and Shinsou asked, "And you have their private numbers... why?"

"Because they gave it to me?" Midoriya cocked his head in confusion, "You give other people your phone number too, right? You gave it to me."

"That's because I know you." Shinsou muttered, "You don't just give random people your phone number."

"I mean... he has Aizawa-sensei's number." Jiro spoke up, as Todoroki countered, "But Izuku clearly does know Aizawa-sensei... somehow. But why would he know Ryukyu and Edgeshot?"

"He's friends with Hawks, and he's the number three hero. Why not?" Kirishima shrugged.

Midoriya pulled up Tatsuma's contact, which was named Dragon Lord, and pressed the dial button, setting the phone on speaker mode, "I'm going to call her."

It took a few seconds before Tatsuma picked up her phone, "Hey, Zuku."

"Hey, Ryu... Do you have time for a dumb question?" Midoriya asked, as Tatsuma chuckled, "Depends on how dumb the question is."

"Ryukyu, who's that?" Another feminine voice came was heard, and Midoriya grinned, "Hi, Nejire."

"Oh! Hi Izuku!" Nejire replied, and Tatsuma spoke up, "So... dumb question?"

"You know Todoroki? From 1-A?"

"Yeah. Endeavor's son, right? What about him?"

Midoriya snickered, "He was asking if Shoji was Edgeshot and your secret love child because of your hairstyle, and because you and Edgeshot were seen together."

There was silence on the other end, until both Tatsuma and Nejire burst into laugher. It took them a few seconds to calm down, and Tatsuma spoke up, "Todoroki asked that!? Who knew the son of Endeavor was a conspiracy theorist. He's over there, right? I am most definately not related to Shoji, and while Edgeshot and I do work together on some cases together, we are definately not in a relationship. Also, if Shoji is on the other end, tell him that that we're both rocking these long fringes."

Shoji looked visibly happy that he had gotten a compliment on his hairstyle, as Midoriya grinned, "Yeah, Shoji's here too, and I bet he agrees with you."

"He better! Well... if that's it, I'll need to hang up now. I've got a meeting soon."

"Alright! Thanks Ryu!"

"No problem, Zuku."

Midoriya ended the call, and smiled up at Todoroki, "That's all the proof you need. Satisfied?"

-----------------------

"Hey, mom." Shinsou spoke up, taking off his shoes as he stepped into his flat. Midoriya carefully followed suit, "Sorry for intruding."

Bittersweet CafeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara