Who Is She? 🤔

"Girls it's time for breakfast!" I call down my twin daughters

"Coming Mum," they call back walking down the stairs.

They sit down, notice Molly cut the sleeves off her hoodie-shirt... Again. "Molly..."

"Told you ~" Sally sings out.

"Sally, what have I told you about doing that."

She lowers her head, "sorry Mum."

"Molly, why are you stabbing the sausage?" She stops midway to her mouth looks at me. "Don't worry. Why did you cut the sleeves off your shirt?"

"They restrict my arms. And I don't like sleeves!"

I shake my head. "Molly you can't just go cutting your clothes. If you don't like it, ask me or Grandmother."

"Grandmother won't, she says I look like a boy. And you're always busy with work."

I shake my head, it annoyes me how she tried to make me more proper and ladylike. And now she's doing to my girls. I take my breakfast over and sit with them. "I'm not too busy when it comes to you girls."

"But Mum you work at the docks all day. And loading the ships. When we come home, you're cleaning or doing paperwork. When will you have time?" Sally places the chopsticks down.

"I have time, don't worry. If you girls have anything that you what changed, tell me. I'll do it when we get back."

"When we get back?" They both asked, their eyes lit up. They both love going out to sea.

"Are we doing deliveries?!" Sally asks.

"Is Grandfather coming with us?" Molly asks.

"No, Grandfather isn't coming today. It's just us three, it's not a big deliver. We can spend a bit of time on the island."

"YAY!" They both shout.

"Eat your breakfast and pack for about a week."

"Yes, Mum!" They quickly finish, run back up stairs.

While I eat my breakfast, look up at the fireplace. Look at the photos, some of us, Mother and Father. And others of Tom, Kokoro, Yokozuna, Iceberg and my first and only love Cutty Flam or Franky. My favourite is one of the two of us. Kokoro was taking a photo, at the last second, I kiss his cheek. His cheeks went bright red, haha.

"I still can't believe you're gone, Franky. I love and miss you so much."

"Mum, are you talking to Dad again?" Molly asks.

"Yeah, I'm talking to Dad again sweetheart." She comes over, sits beside me.

"Wish we got to see him before he died." She cuddles into me.

"I wish he was still alive," hold her close.

"Are you talking about Dad?" Sally stands on the bottom step.