"Komori-kun, Good morning!" Yuna said with a sweet voice, which Sakusa finds irritating. Of course he would never forget what she did to (Y/N), but at the same time if that didn't happen they wouldn't have met. Sakusa remained quiet as he just listened to Komori and Yuna's conversation, his thoughts also wondering to a specific ghost that may have happen to captivate his heart.

~ ~ ~

"Everyone, as you know I have an announcement." The men's volleyball team of Itachiyama Academy gathered around their coach.

"As you all know that the Spring High Preliminaries is in 6 days, the whole sports team in Itachiyama Academy is going to have their annual physical checkup/exams tomorrow to check if your bodies are still in perfect shape. We meet here at 5am, the earlier the better. Eat breakfast on the bus or at your homes. Take note that after this announcement there will be practice before classes start. There will be no practice later dismissal as for you to rest. That would be all." Their couch said, receiving a response of agreement from the team.

"Hey, Sakusa. Might wanna bring some food to share tomorrow?" Komori asks his bestfriend.

"I'll try. No promises." Sakusa replied, earning a yes from the libero that made him sigh.

"Go outside so we can start warming up." Their captain announces, and a productive day starts.

~ ~ ~

"Uhm, Sakusa-kun!" Yuna calls him in the halls of their school. She is holding a basket of fruits, and she finally made it in front of Sakusa.

"Ah, Yuna. If you're looking for Kom-"

"It's you that I want to talk to, not Komori-kun." She cuts him off, well that was the first straw. "Sakusa-kun." Yuna starts, it catches everyone's attention around them.

Where is Komori when Sakusa needed him the most?

"Sakusa-kun, I like you! Please go out with me!" Everyone around them was shocked, even the other fangirls of Sakusa. He let out a sigh and went closer to her.

"Is he gonna accept her confession?"

"Yuna is one of the prettiest girls in our school."

"Wait is Sakusa-senpai also one of the destined people?"

Everyone started to chatter and whisper. Sakusa knew about her feelings from the start thanks to his bestfriend Komori. No one even knows that he already found his soulmate and she's currently staying in his house, and at the same time he couldn't also bring himself to forgive her for what she did to (Y/N).

"I'm sorry, Yuna, but I already have a girlfriend. She is rather my soulmate." Sakusa simply said, making Yuna speechless.

Then who is his soulmate?

He turned away from Yuna, but she caught him on the sleeves of his jacket. Of course, his instincts were there, pushing her hand away and wiping it with his towel.

"Just atleast accept these, then I'll stop bugging and being on your way." Yuna said with her voice trembling. He stood there for a while, looking around him.

Little did they know that he's hesitant because there will be germs.

"What? He didn't accept her confession?"

"Sakusa-senpai has a soulmate?"

"Wait he's already taken?"

He alone knows that he hasn't asked his ghost friend to be his girlfriend.

He decided that after this he would have to wash his hands and place a tissue paper on the handle of the basket so he wouldn't touch the germs. He lets out a helpless sigh.

"Okay." Yuna gives him the basket of fruits and Sakusa takes his leave, straight to the men's bathroom, leaving Yuna to run the other way with tears falling from her eyes.

She took a glimpse on her arm, and the fact that Sakusa isn't Yuna's soulmate hurts her deeply. She could have seen it coming, those recent smiles and bright eyes aren't all because of Yuna.

It was because of someone else, Sakusa's soulmate.

"Watch your step." Those are the words engraved in Yuna's arm.

~ ~ ~

"Welcome home, Omi-kun!" (Y/N) greeted her by landing on top of him, of course it startled Sakusa. A small smile appeared on his face, he did miss her company the whole day.

"I'm back. I brought some fruits.. Someone gave it to me as a confession." He lets out a helpless sigh, Sakusa won't even tell her who she is because she might explode.

"Oh?" She snaps her fingers to pick one apple from the basket and check the quality. "Well, she's actually good at picking them. So what happened to this girl that confessed to you?" She picks up the other fruits and checks their quality one by one, making Sakusa sweatdrop.

Seeing things floating around his house is now normal for Sakusa.

"Well, I didn't accept her confession. I told her I found my soulmate already." She lets out a helpless sigh, making Sakusa arch a brow.

"I could imagine the scenario when someone confessed to you. You were probably like 'I do not accept your confession for I already found my soulmate. If you get in both of our ways then I'll show you no mercy. I kiss her and hug her and-"

"I definitely did not say that and I also do not sound like that, (Y/N)." She laughs out loud, trying to mimic her own soulmate. She is really such a tease to Sakusa, but it didn't bother him at all as long as he sees her smile. Sakusa lets out a helpless sigh, knowing his soulmate wouldn't stop laughing for the next 10 minutes.

He will have to wait for now.

~ ~ ~

"I want you to come with me tomorrow. We're going to another hospital."

"Huh, what for?"

"Our coach announced that we're all gonna have a physical checkup since Spring High Preliminaries are coming soon. Would you be fine if I drop you there and look for your body while I'm having my physical checkup?" Sakusa asked her, making her think for a while.

"Well, I don't mind at all. Then I'll wait for you in the entrance. If I'm not there it means I found my body. We good?" (Y/N) took a bite of the fruits that he got. She snapped her fingers and another apple was washed, skinned, and chopped equally, then it grabbed a plate and flew towards where Sakusa is.

"Yeah, we're good. Also, your ghost techniques are really handful." Sakusa points out and grabs an apple from the plate, taking a good bite. Sakusa sure trusts her a lot now.

"Well, it took me three years to get the hang of it." She smiles.

Maybe being a ghost isn't that bad afterall, she thought to herself.

~ ~ ~

As promised, chapter 8 is here! The next chapter will be delayed for a little while (unless online classes/exams will be suspended, highkey really hoping they will 🥺). As we are almost at the end of this story, I wanted to say thank you for reading! I seriously love and enjoy writing, but I'm really just shy of sharing my works. I don't know where did my confidence right now come from.

sidenote: Bungou Stray Dogs really has good opening and ending songs!! While I was writing this chapter, I was listening to it as well. (Bungou Stray Dogs is a great anime, y'all should try to watch it if you have time! 💖 Chuuya is my top favorite, honestly it's so hard to pick a favorite character in that show everyone is my favorite 😩)

That would be all. 😌 Stay safe and happy reading! Stay tuned for Chapter 9!