The Airport

Pulling into the airport parking lot, I breathed a sigh of relief. First leg done, I thought sarcastically, only twenty more to go. I started walking from the parking lot, and about twenty-minutes later found myself thanking the lady behind the counter as I grabbed my ticket.

Making my way through security, surprisingly quickly, I discovered myself thinking, Wow, not to bad. I thought the airport would've been more crowded. But I guess everyone else in this tiny town is celebrating graduation. I thought sadly, then I reminded myself, you're celebrating too. Just wait, tomorrow you'll be in Paris!

As I seated myself down at the gate, I checked the screen above the desk, indicating my flight to New York had been delayed an hour. Just my luck, I thought, sitting down in a seat in the sparsely inhabited gate. I pulled out my ancient iPod, grabbed my headphones, and began listening. Looking around the area I noticed few other travelers. Maybe I'll have a row to myself, I thought with a small grin. Continuing to jam out to the stylings of Beethoven and Mozart, I pulled out my notebook and began drawing. I wasn't quite sure what, but it was something I felt I needed to get onto paper. About an hour later, hearing the first call for boarding, I glanced down at my paper and found myself staring straight into a face. I wasn't sure who it was or why I drew it, but he seemed strangely familiar. Trying to shake the picture out of my mind, I shoved the notebook and iPod back into the pocket of my back pack. And with the final call, I boarded the plane, anxious for all that lay ahead.