Part 1: How's It Going?

[Otonashi POV]

I sat in class, tapping my own against the desk. It is so damn boring in here. I hate this class. Biology. I'm not bad at it, in fact I have A's in every class, it's just so bland and boring. I'm kinda wishing I was dead again. I know, it's crazy. Anyway, the teacher seems off today. She looks tired and sad. Oh look, the bell finally rang. Time for lunch.

As I walk down the hall, I spot some friends. "Hey, Otonashi! Want to eat lunch with us?" A girl asks me while gesturing to a group of people. "No, but thanks! Maybe next time, ok?" I say as I walk away.

I walk out to the courtyard. It's always pretty empty during lunch. I sit down by the fountain. I open my bento ready for food. "Ah shit." I mutter as I stare at the jumbled food. It must've happened as I ran to school this morning. I didn't pack much for lunch so, getting mixed up was probably easy for the food.

I finish my food and stand up. I look at the time. Lunch break was going to be over in 20 minutes. I had time to spare. As soon as I start to walk from the fountain, I hear a voice call out.

"O-otonashi? Is that you?" A boy's voice called out to me. I turn around. I see the boy. He had dark greenish-black hair.

"Naoi?" I say, eyes wide from shock. He ran over, almost in tears. "Otonashi! I can't believe it! It's really you! What are the odds that we get to meet each other in our new lives?!" Naoi hugged me tightly. I patted his head. "This is crazy. I'm so happy to see you." I say.

[Naoi POV]

I think I see Otonashi. I call out to him. Otonashi? The boy turns around. It is him! I'm so happy! He recognized me! "Naoi?" Otonashi called out as I run to him. I hug Otonashi, almost crying. I ramble about seeing each other in this life.

Otonashi pats my head. I blush profusely.

"This is crazy. I'm so happy to see you." Otonashi says. This makes me blush even more. "I'm really happy as well." I say. I let go of Otonashi so he doesn't get irritated. Otonashi pats my head again.

"Say, Otonashi, want to hang out this afternoon?" I ask. Shit. What if he turns me down? "Sure! It's been some time since we have seen each other." Otonashi says. I'm pretty sure I lit up like a moron when he said that.

[Otonashi POV]

Naoi asked me if I wanted to hang this afternoon. I say yes, of course.

"We have some time to kill before lunch break ends. So, how's it going?" I ask. Naoi smiles at the sky. "Great, actually." Naoi twirls his hair around his finger. "My family is nice." He says. "Mine's great too. I have more siblings." I say.

"That's nice. I have two older brothers and an older sister. That means that I'm the youngest." Naoi said. "So you're the baby of the house." I laugh. Naoi blushed and turned away. "S-so what? It's not like it matters." Naoi crossed his arms as he looked forward. "Huh, then why'd you tell me?" I laughed. "B-because you mentioned your f-family, so I wanted to mention m-mine!" Naoi stuttered.

I've never seen him embarrassed before... He's kinda cute. I catch myself mid-thought. No he's not! It's just funny, that's all! I sigh. Patting Naoi's head I say, "Don't beat yourself up about it."

Naoi looked me in the eyes. "O-otonashi?" Naoi asked looking as if he was lost in a trance. "Yeah?" I reply. Naoi straightens up. "Uh, n-nothing, sorry! We should get to class! See you later!" And with that, Naoi ran off to the school.

I walk off towards my classroom. I wonder...

[Naoi POV]

I run off after telling Otonashi goodbye very quickly. I stop at the door. I almost told him... He would've hated me for sure! He always made fun of Hinata for even acting like that! I straighten myself up and head to class.

I can't be late. It's the second to last class of the day. I can't get detention or I won't get to hang out with Otonashi.

I enter my class right before it starts. Thank God that I made it. I sit quietly in class, thoughts running through my head. Focus on class you moron! I was tapped on the shoulder. I turned to see a girl crouching beside me.

"Hey, is the seat next to you open?" She whispered. I stare at her. "Oh, uh, yeah it is." I whisper. She climbs into the seat. "By the way, I'm Haruhi." She smiled. "I'm Naoi." I say quietly. "Nice to meet you!" Haruhi whispered. "Likewise." I turn back to the teacher.

My friend, Kyuosaka, who sits in front of me, hands me a note. Stop flirting. I call first date with her. The note read. Like I was interested in her. My heart belongs to Otonashi.

Classes for the day ended. It felt like I was in there for forever. Honestly, I was probably only in there for two hours. I wait by the front gate of the school. Otonashi finally steps out of the school. He walks over to me and pats me on the head.

________________

To be continued...