Chapter 2

Going on with my story with Him..... I'll start at Senior ....

I Wake up to my Alarm at 4:30, Still pitch black outside. Yes it is early but, much to be done . I get up , cutting the alarm off and getting up . I cut on the radio in my bathroom and hum sing along softly as Sade's beautiful melodies invade my atmosphere . I light a candle instead of cutting on a light , I like it better leaves me in darkness but not entirely. Slowly slipping out of and oversized shirt shirt my body shivers reacting to the cold air. After the water heating up enough , I step in and washing up . But letting the water fall on me . Closing my eyes letting water rain on me , messaging my tense muscles . Trying to find that place within myself, that gives me peace , faith, and the strength to keep going on . I pray , it may seem weird but, it's me . I finish scrubbing my body , satisfied with my figure incases by suds white as snow. I let the crystal clear water rinse off my body and my hair. After I was finished , I dried my hair and body quickly . 4:50 . 40 minutes , ok I'm good on time . I brush my teeth and other hygiene essentials . Still humming to the soothing music . I look up in the mirror at my worse fear. My body in the mirror . I'm... Just so ugly... I shake my head and go back to finishing myself up. After I was done , I went to my small closet. Working restlessly this summer luckily I had managed to get new clothes of course with my friend Keke's help I was more " fashionable ". It was difficult moving out here to America . Especially to Compton , it's just so much you have to get use to but I adjusted. My English is good , not perfect though. KeKe was like the sister I always wanted and never had . She helps me get out , not doing nothing crazy but to actually connect with the outside word . Plus she makes me laugh and I trust her we share everything with each other . Along with being my sister , she always tries to be a protector to me and I appreciate it and do the same for her. And to her request I was to wear these , black combat boots with black jeggings , a purple spaghetti strap , with a purple flannel over it . I added a black beanie because I thought it would look nice . Also I didn't feel like having to deal with my hair . Yes , my first day school and I'm already getting lazy . I look in the mirror at my face and sigh. I grab the concealer and cover the dark purple bruise under my eye well enough . I hurry downstairs quietly without a word or a sound . I make my papa his breakfast , clean the dishes and leave him a warm plate in the microwave. I hurry back to my room not to be hard as I grab my things I need . I do my one last routine , I go to my jar an pull out a piece of paper ... 90. Wow. Ninety words today . I smile quickly and grabbed my aviator shades , phone and earphones. I quietly make my way downstairs and swiftly yet quickly , turn the corner about to walk out when abruptly stopped. "Nicole" My father spoke words cold as ice . I turn to look at him , 5'9 , now dull and emotionless brown eyes, Coca skin , If he didn't drink his life away causing him to age so much ..... He'd still look in his late 20's . " This house needs to be clean by 5 O'clock before I get home you slut " He spat and went to his room. I nodded and walked out locking the door with my key. Great way to start my day .... Just perfect ... I sighed and put my shades on walking down the steps to school I have a 5 minute walk to Keke's and then another 45 to school . I put my headphones in my ears and let Aaliyah play. It was lightly foggy outside , forgetting I had my jacket was in my arms I put my backpack down and put on my jacket on . A body collided with mines and I was knocked down . Please don't let it be her and her crew...

" Oh my bad ma " I heard a male voice as I looked up and saw him. Nervousness shot threw me like a bullet , except it was like every inch of body felt the severe impact. It was Michael Stevenson . Shit. Lord forgive my words but damn... Just one look in those eyes and I was lost in them.

" Are you okay ?" He looked down at me and put a hand out to help me .

I nod quickly and takes his hand getting up using all my strength not to blush .

" Thank You " I said quickly as he picked my book bag up for me and I picked up my phone and earphones. 88 words.

" No Problem , you walking out here by yourself ?" He raised an eyebrow .