Chapter 8: The Date

Start from the beginning

"What? Why did you do that for??" I rubbed my hand. Ow, that actually hurt! Did she have to slap my hand..

"You already have enough syrup on your plate. Do you want to get diabetes??!!" She takes the syrup away from me and puts it by her side. I hate it when she gets bossy at me.

"Let's get going, or you'll be late again." She grabs her coat that was lying on her chair and her Guess bag that was on the counter.

"Wait what about Cameron??" I put my finished plate into the sink. That was some breakfast..

"He's going to have to stay home for today." She opens the front door. Lucky him. I wish I can stay home…

"Wait, with dad at home?" Oh my gosh, that'll be a mess after seeing what happened yesterday, I don’t think Cameron can stand it anymore.

"I'm afraid so.." I step out of the door and slammed it shut. Mom pulls out her car key from her bag and press the unlock button. Beep!

"Let’s just hope for the best." She tries to force a smile.

"Yeah." Mom drives out of the driveway.

-----------------

"Wow...." Lily said.

"You can’t blame him, I’ll be mad too." Alyssa claims.

"I understand how he feels, but he's still our dad. What can we do?" I take a bite out of my cookie and sipped on my orange juice.The citrus taste tingles in my mouth. When was the last time I even had orange juice?

"Let's just put this aside, Emily's looks like she's about to cry..." Lily tells Alyssa and she nodded in agreement. What? I am not about to cry! The last time I cried was in the 1st grade and It'll not happen anytime soon!

"Okay, so what are u going to do for your little date!!" Alyssa says, as she grabs my arm. She seems more excited about this then me. Maybe she should be the one on the date instead of me.

"Well come on give us the dets!” She says. What are we going to do? There's no point on asking him since he'll never tell me. I looked at my phone. That reminds me; he never really told me how he got my number.

"Earth to Emily!" I saw someone's hand waving in my face. What the. Oh yeah, Lily asked me a question, what was it again?

"Huh what??" I asked; taking my eyes away from my phone.

"Well?? What are you guys going to do tonight??"

"I don't know, he won't tell me!" I let out a sigh. I seriously do not like having people hide secrets from me, but I’ll let it slid since it is a date.

"Oh. Then when is he picking you up?" They both said at the same time. They look at each other for a minute, but since it always happens, they're already used to it. I still find it kind of funny though; I giggled a little.

"I think around 6?" I checked my phone, to see what the time it is. 5:00. Okay, i guess that's enough time to get ready.

"Well, its 5' o clock right now. So girl, you need to get ready!" Alyssa smiles at me and before I know it they were already curling my hair and applying mascara on my eyelashes. Lily tried to curl the hair near my ear but the curling iron touched my ear and I screamed in pain.

"Ow!! Lily!"

"Sorry! I'm not used to doing other people's hair! Is your ear okay? Does it need ice?" She bites her bottom lips. I sigh. Ice. That reminds me of Jayden. That was some day, wasn't it?

"its okay, Lils."

"5:45! He's going to be here soon!" Alyssa quickly finishes my makeup and she disappears into Lily's closet. I wonder what I’m going to wear. I hope Alyssa doesn't pick out something too excessive. You see, she and me have a completely different taste in everything. She likes apples and is like strawberries; she likes sparkles and I don't. See completely different.