one

I walked into Jakes Laundromat and breathed in the smell of detergent - the smell that had engraved itself in my hoodies. Digging my book out of my purse, I sat down and pretended to read.I gradually looked around at everyone who was here, all of us listening to the toss and turn of the dryers and the swoosh of the washers.

Ashton was here, just like every Sunday. I come here every day for almost fifteen minutes and today it the only day of the week that he shows up. Sometimes he brings a guitar and plays a little as long as nobody grumbles at him. But mostly he just sits there and drums on his legs and closes his eyes.

Calumwas sitting on top of a dryer that wasn't running. Today he is writing letters, but this is not a new thing. If things repeat themselves today then they will be thrown away before he walks out with his few belongings.

Michaelis sitting in a spiny chair. Hes worked here for a few years. I use the word 'works' lightly because all I see him do is dye his hair in the sinks sometimes and roll around in a chair that makes a lot of noise.

We're all here, and its not as awkward as it usually is. Most of the time we glance at each other a little, wondering if we should talk to each other. The only way we know each others names is because Michael screams at us sometimes. Usually, its odd that we are all teenagers and we're in a laundromat. But today somebody new was here. He had blonde hair that was spiked up and wearing a ton of wrist bands. He was watching the washer drain the clothes of their dirtiness. Michael, Calum, Ashton, and I were all glancing at each other because were not used to new people.

"So," Michael started with his large voice. "Who's the new guy?"

//

so yeah