Stalking or Admiring?

Mew POV

I felt a pang of loud slap on my head, and I turned my head aggressively to see who the culprit was.

"AWH! Why do you have to do that!", I said angrily when I see the culprit that slapped my head was my best friend, Kaownah, and gave him my scariest glare. 

"It's to bring you back to life! You've been staring at Gulf's back since the moment he walked away", he said in a matter of fact. "Also don't give me that glare, I'm not scared of it", he continued, with a sheepish smile on his face. 

"Gulf.... What a beautiful name", I thought to myself, little did I know, I was saying that out, loud enough for Kaownah to hear me. 

"You don't know who Gulf is?", Kaownah asked, showing me a weird expression. 

"No.. Is he a new student?", I asked, as we start making our way to buy some foods and drinks. "I've never seen him around the school before", I continued. 

"WTF BRO! He's been in here since our first year!", Kaownah said, holding the food and drink that he bought as we walk to our usual table. 

I stopped immediately after listening to what Kaownah said, and he almost bumped into me as I turn around. 

"You're saying that an angel, the prettiest angel, who is also the love of my life have been here this whole time?!"

"Dude! Stop screaming! I'm just behind you and I can hear you clearly", Kaownah seemed annoyed as he walked pass him and sit down at our usual place. "And what do you mean by "the love of your life"? You barely know him!", he continued. 

I kept quiet. Kaownah was right. I barely know him. I've only know his name and how he look like. It was just that. How can I conclude that he is the love of my life? 

"But why does my heart feels like it was going to jump out of my chest when I looked into his eyes?", I thought to myself. I sighed heavily, and continue to eat my lunch as we only have 10 minutes left until the break ends. 

-----------

A week later

It has been a week since the day I bumped into Gulf. On the first two days, I can't seem to take his name out of my head. Not just his name, but also his big, brown, beautiful eyes.

After that day, I have been looking at him from afar. Since then, I know that Gulf mostly spend his time in the library studying alone, sometimes were accompanied by his friend, Mild. Most of the time, Mild did not study with him, but was annoying him. 

I know that Gulf only have Mild as a friend in this school. I find it weird at how the people in this school doesn't pay any attention to him, when Gulf is literally the most handsome guy in this school. Well, at least for me. 

Gulf sometimes wait at the school field in the evening, while waiting for Mild to finish his football practice. He sat on the bench, reading his book, doesn't care about the things around him. When he is reading, it is like he is in his own fantasy world. 

One day, I catch him smiling by himself while reading. It feels like I was struck by lightning at that moment. Gulf got the prettiest smile, it was wide, his bunny teeth was shown. If I were to describe his smile in one word, it is "stunning". 

I was sitting on the bench at our school's field, doing the things I have been doing for the past few days, that is to "look" at Gulf, until Kaownah came and give me a hard slap on the back. 

"For fuck's sake Kaownah, stop slapping me! One of these days, I'll have blue marks on my back, and it's all your fault", I screamed, but not loud enough for Gulf to hear me. He was sitting on the other end of the area, and I was somewhat in the middle part of the area. 

"Stop stalking Gulf then. You look like a creep. If he ever catch you creeping on him like this one day, he's gonna run away, or report you to the police", Kaownah said, as he take a sit next to me. 

I rolled my eyes, telling him I was not stalking Gulf, instead I was just admiring him. 

"Admiring my ass. You followed him literally everywhere, unless it's lesson time. From the school library, the canteen, and now here. If that's not stalking, then I don't what this is. Definitely not "admiring"", Kaownah said again, while he do the "two fingers" action. 

I didn't think much of what he said, as I continue to admire Gulf's back. 

"I think I like him. I want to pursue him", I said out of nowhere. 

Kaownah turned his head as fast as lighting, as if someone freaking turned his head for him to look at me. 

"You think he will accept you? He don't even know you, both of you never talk to each other, and yes, you apologizing to him after you bumped into him doesn't count. Even you yourself reject someone, just because you said you don't know them personally, what makes you think Gulf will accept you?", Kaownah said, while looking at Gulf's back and me back and forth. 

"I didn't say I will ask him to be my boyfriend right away though", I leaned back on my chair, smiling, thinking about my plans. My plans to pursue Gulf. Just thinking about it makes me excited. 

"Then? What are you going to do?". Kaownah is now confused by my statement. I look at him, and give me my sweetest smile. 

"Just wait and see." I winked. 

********

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for updating this late today. Wattpad won't let me update T.T

I hope you like this chapter! Let me know what you think.

Thank you for reading, have a good day

xx Nic