Chapter 2: Akaashi

We reached Kuroo's place not too much later, a sea of familiar faces swarming around the outside of the house, chilling on the porch and waiting for what seemed to be the last set of people; us.

     "Aye! The slow pokes are here!" Tanaka was grinning ear to ear as he ran at Bokuto and Kuroo full speed. The two looked at each other before splitting apart, causing Tanaka to go tumbling into a somersault. An angry pout appeared on the mans face before Kiyoko came over and helped him up,

    "When will you ever grow up, Ryū." The words left her mouth in a monotone voice, and soft apologies left Tanaka's lips as he hugged her small frame and laid his head on her shoulder. She gently patted the back of his head, reassuring him that it was fine before we all proceeded to say hello to the rest of the volleyball family.

     Majority of the time was spent with Kenma and I sitting on the main couch while everyone sat on the floor talking about their lives. Tanaka had mentioned his honeymoon with Kiyoko as they got married a couple months ago. Hinata and Kageyama were discussing how they had made it to the big leagues together and still played on the same team. Noya had started training young ones how to play volleyball, while Asahi began designing apparel. Ushijima took over a major company, and had hired majority of Shiratorizawa's team to help him. Oikawa and Iwaizumi also went on to be professional volleyball players, always excited with the chance of defeating Karasuno's famous duo. It seemed like the conversations continued until Kuroo burst into the living room, an untamed Bokuto beside him, holding a smirk on his face.

    "I have challenged Bokuto at many various things as we need to decide who is the better bro. We need a coach." At hearing this, I managed to look up from the others and gaze between the two dunces. Tanaka seemed to jump up before anyone else, offering to be the coach. Everyone seemed to scoot back, clearing the floor for Bokuto and Kuroo to do whatever the hell they had planned. This also seemed to peak the interest of Kenma, who held his amusement behind his knees, eyes barely peaking over the top of them.

     With this, both boys whipped out a painting. I hadn't noticed before, but they were both covered in specs of paint, and if one was to look closer it almost looked like they... had a paint war...

      Bokuto held a photo of what... looked to be an owl in a tree, and Kuroo held a painting of what seemed to be....

     "Kenma.... is that you as a cat?" It was Oikawa's voice that sounded out before he busted out laughing. Kenma completely shrunk behind his knees, cheeks glowing a deep red, matching the color of his jacket. I couldn't help but notice that he was smiling a little though.

     "Guuuuyyyyysssss! Who won?!" The whine from Bokuto was loud, and everyone just gazed between the two paintings before majority of the room pointed at Kuroo. This seemed to ruin Bokuto's mood, but he inhaled sharply and pumped his fist,

     "Fine. I'll win the next one!" With that, Kuroo brought out two chairs and god forbid, they put on a strip show. Clothes weren't flying, but they sure were doing all the latest dances from Tik Tok which seemed to amuse everyone in the room even more. I couldn't pull my eyes away from Bokuto though. The way he rolled his hips, and moved so skilled against the beat of the music, it was hard to tear my eyes away. There's so much I didn't know about him, and this, was the man that I adored so much.

    It wasn't until the music cut that I pulled my eyes away and noticed everyone gawking at the two, now sweaty, males sitting in the chairs panting.

    "Yeah... we're calling that a tie, there's no way we can all choose who won that." Silence has filled the air until the two boys moaned in sync,

     "Last challenge! A drinking contest! You and me, bro. Let's see what you've got!" Something felt off though as Kuroo ran to the kitchen and came back with two cases of Alcohol. I bit down on my lower lip.

    "3... 2... 1... GO!" Before we all knew it, both boys were cracking bottles open and guzzling them down one by one.

    "Bokuto.. Kuroo.. guys slow down.. you're gonna get sick..." It was my voice speaking this time, but neither male seemed to listen as the others cheered them on.

     "Hey.. wait wait, Kuroo you're cheating! That isn't beer!" It was Tsukki who called him out this time, showing the others that it was just bottle encased apple juice, but Bokuto on the other hand wasn't looking too good. I found my feet on the ground faster than I could think as I rushed over to his side.

    "Hey, Boku-San... Look at me..." I lifted his chin to look at me, trying to get a good look at how conscious he still may be. It wasn't until I heard his next sentence that I was completely thrown off,

    "A... Akaashi... You're really pretty..." His words were slurred, but they were enough to make out by everyone in the room. He leaned forward and pressed his lips against mine, slow, yet rough and tasted like alcohol. My first kiss, stolen by none other than my drunk teammate.

    I pushed Bokuto away from me and sighed, keeping my head down to avoid the gazes of others.

    "Kuroo... Please help me take him home?" My voice was softer than usual, and I knew once I looked up, I'd see only faces of pity filling the room. It was definitely the aura I got once the event had occurred.

"I'm sorry, Akaashi... I didn't think he'd drink so much, I was just testing him..." Kuroo helped me lift Bokuto to his feet, at this point I lifted my head and thanked everyone for inviting us, waving them all goodbye before we got Bokuto into Kuroo's car. Kenma had managed to grab my arm before I entered the passenger seat,

     "Are you okay, Akaashi?" I gave him a small smile and nodded,

    "Don't worry about me too much, it's him I'm worried about. Thank you for keeping me company, Kenma. I will return your boyfriend as soon as we get home." The male nodded in response to my statement before I closed the door. Kuroo knew there was no way we were going to be able to take the train back this late, so he offered to take us home, about a 25 minute drive.

"I'm not mad at you, Kuroo. It's on Bokuto for drinking so much, but cheating was very unfair you know." I bit down on my knuckle as I stared out the window, checking the passenger side mirror to see Bokuto half in and out of consciousness.

"I know, and I promise to make it up to you both. I'll fix all this somehow." Silence filled the car after that.

    Upon the arrival of our home, Bokuto was passed out in the back seat. Kuroo helped me get him into the house before he decided to take leave,

     "You sure you got it from here, Kash?" His voice faltered, almost as if he wanted to apologize for the awful prank again, but knew it would be no good to do so.

     "I really didn't expect him to do anything to y—" I held my hand up to stop him, yet he continued.

    "Do you like Bokuto, Akaashi?" I let my eyes fall shut as I forced a small nod in his direction before continuing,

     "You had no control over it, Kuroo. I'll take care of him tonight, get home safe." With that I practically shoved him out the door and then looked at the sleeping boy on the couch. I took a blanket out of the hall closet and tossed it over him before going to his room and picking up one of his pillows. I gently rested his head onto it, soon finding myself running my fingers through his feathery hair.

     "I honestly just need to tell you that I like you..." I whispered softly before standing up and shutting off the light before heading to my room.