Chapter Nineteen: The Last Thing To Do (And the end of this book)

"Demon! You can not have anymore of them! These people are hardly children!" My father bellows, pleading almost, for our lives, for our souls.

    He is the only one that can jsut be killed. But I know immediately that Darryl will never be seen again. He is now only a human who got in over his head, and will now literally spend eternity in H*ll. And I, Ellen Cross, can do absolutely nothing about it. Nothing pains me more than having no power over a situation. Than being helpless. It even makes my loss of my brother pale in comparision, when it comes to variations of pain. 

    But I could do this one thing. One last thing, to save those that are left of everyone I love. 

    So I remove my silver blade, hold it behind my back, dowse it in holy water and split a bag of salt from my back pocket open, thus spilling over the wet blade.

    The demon, Abyzou, with his red, endless and evil eyes, looms over me, hissing and growling. I thrust the blade into what I can only hope is the monster's chest, as he strangles the life from me. I see him fall, right before darkness over takes me.

------------------------------------------------------------

    "Who are you?" I am surrounded by people. A boy taller than the others, who holds my hands. A man in his late forties, hair graying from stress, most likely, who has an arm over the shoulder of another gril, probably my own age.

    I rip my hands from those of the first boy, as a second, dark haired one jumps defensively in front of teh girl. "Beth, stay back," he growls, and fur sprouts along his arms, as if he is about to flip into the form of an animal and rip out my throat.

    The girl, Beth, screams, "Don't you remeber us? Castiel, James, yoru father, Me? Kayla? Mitch?" She gestures to several people, including herself. "Do you remember your siblings dying? Ellen! Answer me, please!"

    I feel an emotional pain, and all I can do is thrash. My mind goes blank, but not before I wish these people dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

    Yep, last chapter of The Once Life Of Ellen Cross, but there will be a sequel, coming soon from Bethany's perspective. She becomes a hunter, but who else survives to be featured in the next book? ANd yes, that means Ellen is in a psyche ward.