Prologue

Art not mine obviously!

  "I-I'm scared! I don't think I'll be able to c-catch him!" a girl whined from behind some trees. 

"Oh come on!! We've been standing behind this tree for 2 WEEKS NOW!! And all I've heard is YOU doubting yourself on doing the most SIMPLE task there is in the whole world! Besides, I wanna be able to get us both endorsed for the gym challenge! And you can't possibly complete it if you only have your starter pokemon!" complained a tired, but energetic boy with long purple hair.

"But Leon, I don't wanna be the champion! I wanna be a professor like my gran!"

"But we could be like rivals or something! And it's fine if you don't wanna be the champion, because that title's already taken! BY ME!!"

Leon threw his arms into the air, nearly falling backwards.

"Woah......." he said as he steadied himself.

"You have a lot of energy for a kid who hasn't slept for 2 weeks........" the girl groaned.

"Or eaten.........." 

She felt her stomach start to rumble. The kids had been friends for as long as they could remember, both growing up in towns that were near each other. The girl, Sonia, had grown up with her grandmother who was the region's pokemon professor. Sonia found her gran's work to be quite interesting, and decided that one day, she would be the next professor.

But then there was this kid, Leon. He with his charmander partner is looking to be the next champion of Galar. But in order to participate in the Gym Challenge, he'll need to be endorsed. But then he got an idea, maybe Sonia would be interested in the Gym Challenge too! So here we are, trying to get Sonia this damn yamper who hasn't moved for 2 weeks! 

 When Leon got his idea, he told Sonia, and she was like, "Nah bruh, but ok anyways."

And they asked they're parents and home guardians and whatnot if they could go camping for a while. And because apparently, in the pokemon world, it is completely find to let your 10-year-old kids off on there own. Yeah, that's.....yeah, this.....fine. They let them. But this entire time, the kids hadn't set up camp at all, and were just standing behind this goddamn tree, waiting for when Sonia will have the courage to approach the yamper we've just been looking at. Ah, the entertainment a yamper who hasn't moved brings!!!!

Sonia dug into her pocket, hoping to find something to eat. She pulled out what looked like a dog treat. 

"Huh, weird......." she thought." I don't even have a dog........."

She held it up higher to her eyes for closer examination, when the treat caught the attention of a figure from in front of the tree. The yamper started to slowly make his way towards the snack, before he reached the girl, Leon just had to shout, "LOOK SONIA!!! HE'S COMING CLOSER!!! GIVE HIM THE TREAT!!!!!!"

Sonia yelped in surprise, her nervousness returning to her. She hesitantly held out the treat to the doggo, who ate it with delight, then proceeded to nuzzle his head on Sonia's hand.

"It looks to me that you've made a new friend! How 'bout you ask him to join your team!" exclaimed Leon.

"Uh......okay......"

"Uh...hi there boy.....um...you s-seem pretty c-comfortable with me......so how about.....uh....." she reached into her bag to pull out a pokeball, and held it out to the Good Boi. ".....joining my team?" she awkwardly smiled, sweat dripping down her cheek.

The yamber boi barked a happy note in reply. Sonia nervously opened the pokeball as her new best friend zapped his way inside. 

"You know what, catching pokemon isn't so bad!" she exclaimed.

"See? I told you! And you can catch even more pokemon of all different types, and even levels! Once you get enough Gym Badges though! He he he!!" Leon yelled.

"Anyways..................................................................

.......................RACE YA HOME!!!!!!!!!!!"

Leon yeeted himself into action as he ran north, to where Sonia couldn't see him anymore. Boi, he was fast.

"WHAT?!!? THAT'S NOT FAAAAAAAAIR!!! YOU HAD A HEAD START!!! AND MY HOUSE IS WAY FARTHER THAN YOOOOOOOOOOOOURS!!!!!!!!" 

Sonia tried to catch up with him, but to her dismay, had already crashed along Route 1. I mean, can you really blame her? She was out for 2 weeks with no sleep or food.  Leon was just a woke boi.

"Well,*huff* it doesn't matter....*huff *I've got a new best friend.....it was probably worth it," she gasped.

After recovering, she walked home on a happy note.

I wonder what kind of adventures Yamper and I will get into....... she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Yamper was now sitting in the home of Sonia and Professor Magnolia near the windows.

"So did you get an owner?" a man over a radio asked.

"Yes. I had to wait 2 weeks for her to pull out something good. That girl is shy af," replied Yamper.

"Well good work then! Now the next phase of the plan is for you to grow a strong bond with this selected individual for the next decade," the man continued.

"WHAAAAAAAAT?!?! HOW THE HELL IS THE AUTHOR SUPPOSED TO WRITE ALL THAT?!?!!?!"

"Have you ever heard of a "time skip" in a fanfiction?"

"Well, uh...... when you put it that way.........I guess it's doable."

 Yamper then realized that maybe being with Sonia would help his organization in another way than what his boss anticipated.

"Oh, and by the way, this girl's grandmother is a pokemon professor. She also wants to be one too, and they live together so maybe-"

His boss cut him off.

"PERFECT!!! Take notes while you're with them!! We are going to have a champion time with this........."