Warren (Life is Strange)

Start from the beginning

You stood in front of your full-length mirror in your dorm (with the perfect view outside the window) and checked out your current outfit; a striped sweater, some ripped jeans, and Doc Martens. You didn't dress as stylish and trendy as the other girls, so you were always considered a "90's Soul," which is what virtually nobody wanted to be back in 2013.

You heard a "ding" on your phone, so you picked it up from your bed and read the text you had received.

Warren:

u ready yet? I can't wait much longer or i'll explode

Me:

warren, this is the seventeenth time u've asked that today. patience is a virtue when dealing with girls.

Warren:

like time, my texts are infinite.

You sighed, grinning and shaking your head. Warren was always one for being a dork. He was an odd one, for sure, which is why the two of you consistently flocked together.

You had both skipped multiple grades-- Warren, sixteen years old (and supposed to be a junior) and a senior, and you, fifteen years old (and supposed to be a sophomore) and a senior. You were notorious around the school for being the youngest to attend. Victoria always called you a baby; of course she did. Very mature.

Finally, after finger-combing your hair, you rushed out the door, grabbing a cross-body bag on your way out.

Once out the door, you saw Warren waiting by the entrance of the school. One thing you noticed about him is that he was always prepared and never, ever late.

"Warren!" You called out to him, running towards him, your bag bouncing on your leg as you did so.

"(Name)!" He held his arms open for a hug, which you politely accepted. "I brought a bit of beer." This statement made your heart sink.

"Beer?" You asked frantically. "You're sixteen, Warren! I'm fifteen! Do you know how much trouble we could get in?"

"Ah, yes, sometimes I forget you're just a kid." He said sarcastically, yet somewhat matter-of-factly. "Look. Nobody will see it, okay?" He reassured you, placing his hands on your shoulders. He was taller than you. "And not only that, I've seen you drink before. You're not even of legal age to drive. You coming or not?" You scoffed.

"Look, that was a one-time thing-"

"Two times."

"A TWO-time thing at a Vortex Club party. It's not fair for you to cast judgement on that." Warren chuckled as you suddenly realized how childish that statement sounded. "Let's go, let's go, let's go! I can't wait anymore!" You said, hopping up and down and letting your inner child come out.

"Welcome to my world, (Name)!" Warren told you as he opened the car door for you to get in, closing the passenger door before doing the same and driving off.

A few minutes into the ride, he spoke.

"Hey, did you know that Pac-Man was originally called Puck-Man? Not because he looks like a hockey puck, but because paku-paku means to chomp. They were scared that vandals would cross out the "p" and make it into an "f," so they ended up changing it.

"Wow, Warren," you stared at him in awe, like a child. "When did you learn that? That's really interesting!"

You had a knack for being very interested in things other girls your age would find obscure, or at least a bit odd or nerdy.