Chapter Two

Willow's POV

"Do you wanna meet the girls?", Christina asks. I stand still, shocked. Hi, I'm Willow, and my life is kind of crazy. "Sure, but what am I to you, a friend?", I answer, curious. "Well, I'm not really sure in all honesty, I guess you could say a friend.", Chris tells me. We get in the car and start heading to the iconic band house.

"Hey Chris, how exactly are you gonna introduce me? Should I tell my story? Like, what do I do?", I ask her, nerves slowly overtaking my body. "Oh, Arielle already know you're coming, but no one else knows. We are gonna walk in and she'll take you into my old room while I explain everything to the girls. Then, Arielle will bring you into the kitchen, where we work, and you'll meet the girls.", Christina explains. We walk up to the house and enter the front foyer. Arielle quickly takes me into an empty room while Christina enters the kitchen.

Christina's POV

I step into the kitchen and see four girls at the kitchen table. "Hey guys, I really need to tell you something, please listen. Last night, I felt like I had to tweet something, so I tweeted 'Life is worth living'. I was reading the responses, and one caught my eye. It said 'tell that to my freshly cut arms and the pill bottle in my hand.' I knew I had to reach out to her, so I did. I found out her name is Willow, she's 13, and unfortunately is bullied and doesn't have a good relationship with her mom. We DMed back and forth for a bit and then we both had to go. I was just about to eat dinner when something, like a gut feeling, told me to go on a walk. While I was walking, I heard sobs from the park across the street from me. I went to the person and saw a young girl, who was badly beaten. That girl turned out to be Willow. Her mom kicked her out, leaving her homeless. I knew I had to do something, so I talked to Nick and now she is living with us. She doesn't know this yet, I want to wait until her birthday next month to tell her, but Nick and I want to formally adopt her. I know this is a lot to take in right now, but Willow is in my old room with Arielle, do you wanna meet her?" I explain.

Everyone stares at me in utter disbelief. "Sure!", Amy shouts. Arielle walks in with a sheepish Willow behind her. "Hi", Will says shyly, looking down at her feet. I walk up to her, grab her hand, and sit her next to me. "So, Willow, what do you like to do?", Lisa asks. "Well, I like to swim, I play guitar, and uhm I sing a lot, but I'm not very good, it's just the theatre kid in me.", Willow answers. It's so crazy, she's just like me as a teen. "Hey, how about you sing for us, you can borrow my guitar if you want.", Amy tells the still very shy Willow. "Erm, I don't know, I've never really sang in front of anyone before, I don't think anyone has truly heard my voice.", Will tells us. "Oh come on, it will be fun!", Lauren says. Everyone agrees, so naturally Willow says yes. Willow grabs Amy's guitar and takes a deep breath.

Don't be that way
Fall apart twice a day
I just wish you could feel what you say
Show, never tell
But I know you too well
Got a mood that you wish you could sellIf teardrops could be bottled
There'd be swimming pools filled by models
Told a tight dress is what makes you a whore
If "I love you" was a promise
Would you break it, if you're honest
Tell the mirror what you know she's heard before
I don't wanna be you anymoreHands, hands getting cold
Losing feeling's getting old
Was I made from a broken mold?
Hurt, I can't shake
We've made every mistake
Only you know the way that I breakIf teardrops could be bottled
There'd be swimming pools filled by models
Told a tight dress is what makes you a whore
If "I love you" was a promise
Would you break it, if you're honest
Tell the mirror what you know she's heard before
I don't wanna be you
I don't wanna be you, anymore

When she finishes, we are all in tears, even Boon and Sam, our camera men. "That was beautiful, Will.", I say to the timid girl I get to care for. "You really think so? I don't know, I could never be as good as y'all.", Will says, seeming a bit more comfortable. "Dude, we covered that song in July, you done blew us out of the water. You have crazy talent.", Katherine tells the self conscious Willow. She smiles and hands Amy's guitar back.

Willow stays for the rest of our band meeting and we continue to work. Lisa pulls me aside with a cheeky grin plastered on her face. "You heard her sing, she's incredible. I arranged a live acapella cover of Before You Go a while back, so it has 6 parts. Could Willow do a cover with us?", Lisa asks me, hope in her eyes. "Of course she can! Let's go ask!", I reply.

"Willow, do you wanna do a cover of Before You Go with us?", Lisa asks. "Uhm..DUH! I would love to!", a very excited Will responds. I haven't seen her smile in since I've met her, it's good to see she's happy.