Chapter 10 - (There's) No Destiny Or Fate

After staying up with Beetlejuice for most of the night, catching him up on what my day had been like, I went to bed.

It's not like it mattered though.

I tossed and turned all night.

Would Beetlejuice even take me to bed? Is he really that caring? Or did Barbara and Adam take me to bed? Did they even know I was in the living room? Beetlejuice would never. Would he?

That question raced in my mind, millions of times over.

Would he?

Is Beetlejuice really that caring that he would take me to bed, knowing how uncomfortable the couch would is to sleep on, and knowing I'd have a terrible back-ache the next morning?

I wasn't sure.

Ok, so I was a good 60% sure it was him, but it's nothing to freak out about.

Right?

Right?!

I woke up feeling more tired than I had when I went to bed.

I stumbled into the kitchen, hoping a nice pot of coffee would wake me up.

I went to start the coffee pot, but quickly noticed there was already brewed coffee sitting in the pot.

I didn't leave this out did I?

I sniffed the pot, expecting it to have practically no scent, but to my surprise, it smelled like the pot had just been brewed.

"Morning Y/N." Beetlejuice lazily floated into the kitchen.

"Morning Beej. Hey, did you brew a pot of coffee?"

He laughed a bit. "No, why would I? I don't even drink that stuff." Immediately, he had a mug in his hand and began drinking what I assumed to be whatever he had been drinking the other morning.

"Maybe the Maitlands did." I said, while pouring myself a cup of coffee.

"I wouldn't put it past those do-gooders."

"They're pretty nice one you get to know them."

"Wouldn't know. Haven't taken the time to do it." Beetlejuice stared at his mug, seemingly thinking about fond memories.

I wasn't even sure he had good memories.

"Well, I can always ask them later. I've got to get ready for work."

"Two days in a row?"

"Well technically, I missed half of my shift yesterday, but I was already scheduled today anyway. But this is how jobs work."

"Yeah, yeah. Can I come with?"

"You already know the answer. You're distracting."

"Aww, you think I'm hot." Beetlejuice smirked and took another swig of his drink.

"Hot and distracting are not the same thing." I walked back towards my room to get ready for the day.
————————

"I can't thank you enough Y/N!" Peyton was talking to me about how her and Freddy had planned another date after her shift. "I totally wouldn't have gone for it if it wasn't for you."

"You literally asked for their number. Plus, I think Freddy would've asked you out eventually. They don't seem very shy about their feelings towards you."

"Speaking of feelings, that guy is totally checking you out." Peyton pointed in the direction of the guy she was talking about and my heart dropped.