Let Me Heal What's Broken

Start from the beginning

As horrible as it sounds, Yunho was thankful that Yeosang couldn't remember, he was rather glad actually, because he wouldn't wish that kind of pain and loss on even his worst enemies.

The impact from the fall that fractured his skull and spinal cord; that impact would be the reason for Yeosang's memory loss. Yunho felt so much sadness knowing that from between the age of 6 and 16 Yeosang was trapped in the darkness of his own mind.

Being in darkness so long it made sense for Yunho now as to why Yeosang believed himself to be 6 and not 16 when they first met, why he had acted so much like a child over and over again. It's because in reality he was a child, his mind's age was indeed 10 years younger than it should have been.

Yunho looked at his hand that was still tightly linked with Yeosang's, and it suddenly became even clearer just how lifeless Yeosang was from the lack of grip between their hands. Yeosang's silence beside him was deafening.

But something else was becoming clearer. His whole life's purpose writing itself in the stars beneath the darkness of his eyes and along the horizon of his tears like the sun dawning on a new day.

Soulmates are gifted their soulmate abilities for a reason, and there's always a moment in a soulmates life where they understand why they were gifted with such ability.

Yunho's healing ability was suddenly a godsend. He knew exactly what to do.

As soon as Yeosang's cousin, Eden Kang was his name, was done talking Yunho stood up, he placed a gentle kiss on Yeosang's forehead and closed his eyes that were still wide open, before he crouched back in front of the younger taking his hands in his and placing a soft kiss on the back of them.

He then gently lifted Yeosang's shirt, seeing the hole for the feeding tube Yeosang had. Yunho knew that through healing and based on all his knowledge in soulmates and as a doctor that healing meant that tube would have to come out at the same time otherwise his skin would try and heal around it and cause problems.

"It'll be over quickly Sang, hang in there ok" Yunho sobbed. Yeosang couldn't hear him and Yunho hoped to god that he wouldn't feel the pain of removing that tube either.

Yunho heard Eden and Taeyeon gasp as he gently pulled the tube, this was something that most definitely should have been done in a hospital but Yunho was desperate, and the want and need to see Yeosang healthy was eating him alive.

Yunho knew he could do this.

He felt the energy flow through his body and he summoned his inner force towards his hands and into Yeosang as he pulled out that horrid tube. The simple touch of skin and proximity was all that was needed to tranfer his healing energy.

There was the usual tingling that told him his soulmate ability was working. It was a bit like pins and needles, except less painful.

Inch by inch. Minute by minute Yunho pulled that tube, and by the time it was out of his body, the space where it had once been was pure and clean, not a drop of blood spilled and Yunho breathed a sigh of relief as he tossed it into the grass.

His own body was weaker now and going numb as Yunho took Yeosang's hands in his again giving the younger everything he had.

He needed to push through despite his toes, ankles, calves, thighs, waist, chest, his neck, his face, their feeling all disappearing as if his body was turning to stone as he healed Yeosang.

Yunho closed his eyes as he persisted to stay upright, refusing to stop or let himself fall like his body so desperately wanted he had to heal Yeosang, no matter what.

He'd never felt such a strong numbing feeling before when he used his ability to heal.

"Just a little longer" Yunho told himself "Just a little longer"

His body felt like stone, it was frozen, but Yunho didn't miss that distinct twitch of Yeosang's hands in his. An ever so slight tremor. Yunho's heart speeding up as his own body slowed down.

Yunho opened his eyes, straining to look at Yeosang as his own vision faded and became hazy as if he were in a dream trying to wake up, except he knew that this time his body wasn't  trying to wake him up, but send him off to the world of darkness instead.

He looked up to Yeosang's face his eyes opening. They were blank, empty, staring at nothing . . but then they were staring at him.

"Yeosang?" Yunho whispered through dry lips.

Yunho didn't get to hear anymore, a pain jarred through his head as if Yeosang's name was a spear that ricocheted through his skull, he screwed his eyes shut, his own world going black. A final tear escaped his eye and then he fell forwards his mind fading to nothingness.

~🌅~