Good News {Part 1}

[Clara's pov]

I walked out to the crew waiting outside. Monse was back like Ruby predicted. Her anger fit lasted less than 24hours. She had her eyes set on the Santos house but we knew he wasn't coming out.
"He's not coming, lets just go." Ruby tried to pull her along but she wouldn't budge.
"Just wait." She said without taking her eyes off the house. I felt bad for her. I could tell she really liked him. I knew they had a thing, none of them told me but I can read the signs. Then Cesar walked out of his front door and joined us. We all walked in silence first unsure of what to say.
"So Kindness, my brother asked about you the other day" Cesar said breaking the silence. I swear the Santos are probably the only people that call me 'Kindness'. Cesar hangs with them too much.
"Oh really? What'd he say?" I facepalmed remembering how he sped off after seeing me. Twice. "Is this about the wave because if it is I didn't mean it negatively. I swear I was just saying hi" Cesar looked at me confused.
"He just asked why you smile so much" Oh. I smiled at him awkwardly.
"I don't smile that much" I defended myself but I know I smile a little more than the average person.
"Yes you do" They all answered in sync.
"Okay fine maybe I do" We all just laughed and for the first time in a while things were starting to feel normal again.
"So good news! I have my own room." Ruby said excitedly. We congratulated him and right on cue a familiar red impala pulled up. It's Spooky.
"Cesar!" He called out and Cesar gave us an apologetic look before getting in the car and we watched as they drove off.
"We gotta save Cesar" Monse said and we all silently agreed.

Time skip to the end of the day ...

It's been a long day. I almost forgot how much I don't like school. I was putting my books in my locker when I seen Cesar in the corner of my eye. I quickly closed my locker and ran over to him.
"Hey kid" I said as I walked along beside him.
"Hey Clar" He smiled at me but, I don't know, something about him has changed.
"Are you okay?" He stopped and turned to face me.
"I got jumped in" He blurted out.
"What?! Do the others know?" I cant believe his brother would let this happen.
"I told Monse last night and i'm pretty sure the others know now" He looked at me with that same look in his eye. The look that made me feel bad for him.
"Couldn't your brother do anything?" He let out a small laugh and we started walking again.
"He made the call, Clar" Oh. I forgot Cesar told me he's the leader.
We made it to the others but Jamal was acting suspicious.
"Clar, can you come to Ruby's after school? We're uh- decorating his room" Monse asked me. I was about to say yes but then I remembered my appointment.
"Sorry I cant, but maybe Cesar can help you guys" I said patting Cesar's back. They all looked at me bluntly like I said something wrong. Jamal grabbed out his phone and started texting someone then my phone buzzed and, yup you guessed it, it's Jamal:

J.
We need to scheme at Ruby's.

Me.
Okay? ...

J.
ABOUT CESAR WITHOUT CESAR!

Oh. I looked up at Jamal catching the hint.
"Are you guys texting about me?" Cesar asked looking at my phone. I quickly locked my phone and shoved it in my pocket.
"No" Jamal and I answered at the same time.