My head drops while I play with my fingers. "It's okay if you need a bit of extra help with assignments" Coach tells me. "It's not that I need help. I understand the material and I know how to answer. It's just having dyslexia makes it slightly harder. I do reread my work but it seems like everything I miss something" I admit. The two share a look before Ms Yeats talks to me, "Why didn't you tell anyone that your dyslexic? We would have been able to facilitate you". I shrug, "I was having trouble learning in school when I was in foster care. My teacher realised that I was having trouble especially with English and spellings. She realised that I was mixing up words and was a bit slower than the other kids. She suggested that I get tested and discovered that I had dyslexia. Before we could do anything about it though I was adopted and I never got help for it. Then I started doing homeschool and after that some of the girls on the team agreed to help read over my homework".

"Can I go back outside now?" I ask finally looking up. Coach thinks for a second before I leave the office to rejoin the team. I come back onto the pitch and get back into the game but Jessie is quick to check on me, "Are you okay?" I nod, "Yeah. I'm fine". Although she doesn't look convinced she lets me be and we continue on with the session.

............

"Fuck this" I groan as I drop my pen on top of my desk. I lean my elbows on the table while my head is in my hands as I let out a huff. So far today has just been shit. I had to say goodbye to my best friend who was leaving, I had a crap training session, I was pretty much told I was failing English and now my head I pounding as I try to do my homework.

I hear the door open behind me and close before I feel a pair of arms slip around my shoulders, "Hey Lee". I sigh as I lean back into her and put my hands on her arms, "Hey Freckles". "How are you feeling?" She asks softly as I can feel her nose bury into the top of my head. "Not going to lie. Todays not been the best" I sigh. She hums as she moves her hand up and down my arm before she detaches herself from me and hold out her hand to me, "Okay cmon".

I look up at her confused, "Where are we going?" She plucks my glasses off my face and takes my hand and drags me out of the room, "Well it looks like your in the need of a break. And ice cream always cheers people up". My mouth twitches up as I let her drag me out of the dorm, "You are a gem Jessie Fleming". She looks over her shoulder and smiles at me giving me a wink.

We decide to take my car instead of walk and we go to the closest ice cream parlor. "Okay so don't be mad but I asked Coach what she talked to you about and she said that you were having problems with your English assignments" Jessie confesses. I sigh, "Of course she did". Jessie takes my hand over the centre console, "But I offered to help you out with your homework and Cromwell told me your teacher was working on getting you exemptions and help due to your dyslexia and necessary help".

"Jessie I don't want to be a bother. You have enough to be worrying without having to help me as well" I sigh as I park the car. I take the keys out of the ignition but before I could get out Jess stops me and cups my face, "Don't do that". "Don't do what?" I ask but she just tucks a loose strand behind my ear, "Stop putting yourself down. You will never be a bother to me. Beside all I would be doing is reading over your work and correcting mistakes. And I'm also doing this for me". "And what is that now?" I question with a slight smile on my face. "Well Cromwell thought it would be easier if I swapped rooms so I could help you whenever you need it and besides the quicker you finish homework the more time I get for cuddles" Jessie grins.

I laugh as I lean into her touch, "I can't imagine Teagan is too happy that I'm stealing her personal chief from her". She shrugs, "Well she said that she would be over whenever she's needs feeding". We both laugh and I lean over the centre and kisses, "Thank you J". "Anything for you Lee. Now let's go get some ice cream" Jessie smiles and hops of of the car.